Deloitte Data Scientist - Solution Analyst in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Work with data science techniques and libraries to show data’s applicability to business problems.
• Perform exploratory data analysis to define analytical models.
• Develop advanced quantitative models using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments.
• Provide expertise for analytical, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
• Explain analytics model behavior/results in the vernacular of business.
• Perform technical risk analysis and reliability assessments.
• Perform multiple forms of advanced analyses, sustainment, optimization, text analytics, machine learning, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
• Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models through various relevant error metrics and calibration techniques.
• Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets.
• Design algorithms that require a number of different models/methods to be used in an ensemble.
• Deploy models into production.
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
• Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms.
• Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions.
• Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Statistics/Technology/Science/Engineering/Applied Mathematics or a similar quantitate analytics field.
• 3 years of experience in developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models.
• 3 years of data extraction/manipulation experience using scripts specific to Python and/or R.
• 3 years of experience with Python and/or R programming.
• 2 years of experience with presentation and data analysis software such as: SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Qlikview, Excel and Access python.
• 3 years of modeling experience using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
• 3 years of experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming.
• Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
• Must be willing to live and work in one of our Center locations:
o Lake Mary, FL (Orlando area)
o Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area)
o Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• PhD in a quantitative analytics field.
• Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tool.
• Business analytics experience in one or more of the following industries: Insurance, Consumer Products and Packaged Goods, and Human Resources.
• Experience conducting Modeling and Simulation Analysis, DoD Science and Technology (S&T) Analysis, Program Analysis and Evaluation, C4/IT and Cyber Analysis, Manpower Analysis, Training and Education Analysis, DoD Logistics, Maintenance, and Supply Analysis, Naval Amphibious Shipping Analysis, Strategic Plans Analysis, Strategic Investment Analysis, Cost and Economic Modeling and Analysis, Operations Research Analysis, Readiness Analysis, Force Preservation Analysis.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.