Deloitte People Analytics Data Visualization Lead Specialist in McLean, Virginia
US Talent | HR Strategy and Transformation | People Analytics
Job Title: HRST People Analytics, Lead (Visualization)
The People Analytics team collaborates across Talent and the business to uncover data-driven insights to solve business challenges across the talent lifecycle and enable transformational change. Our teams provide a holistic and client-centric approach that complements our wide range of analytical tools and methods to identify valuable workforce insights which, in turn, fuels the business.
The Data Insights teams addresses key business questions and employs best practices in data visualization to provide actionable insights in support of Talent priorities.
We're looking for a Data Visualization Analyst to be responsible for the innovation and delivery of visualization dashboards (primarily using the One Model, Excel, PPT, and Tableau) across the Talent lifecycle to present complex data in a way that conveys meaningful insights to the client.
Work you'll do
As a Data Visualization Analyst, you will:
• Understand internal stakeholders' objectives and develop appropriate data visualizations / dashboards that provide them with meaningful insights to achieve their objectives.
• Interact with internal stakeholders to understand requirements, assess complexity and define timelines, work on multiple dashboard projects at the same time.
• Understand the data flow and interfacing systems in order to build automated solutions (dashboards) for minimum human intervention for reporting and analytics needs.
• Ensure quality deliverables through proper data extraction, data cleanup and employ data visualization best practices.
• Look at requirements and existing dashboards holistically to suggest more integrated solutions.
• Stay up-to-date on latest advancements in visualization of data.
• Minimum undergraduate degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years applied experience in dashboard development/enhancements.
• Knowledge of technology systems and their interlinkages in order to determine the best way of data flow among them, as well as to be able to extract data using relevant extraction rules.
• Excellent understanding of Tableau to be able to link data and develop meaningful visualizations. One Model visualization a plus.
• Understanding of basic statistical concepts like correlation and standard deviation in order to provide additional deep dive information in reporting solutions.
• Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Pay strong attention to detail to ensure high quality deliverables.
• Sold data mining skills (e.g., SQL skills).
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have excellent time management skills.
• Self-starter with ability to take things to the next level.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word, Teams).
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.