Deloitte International Tax Consultant II in McLean, Virginia
Are you a strategic thinker with first-hand knowledge across a variety of industries? Do phrases like "global effective tax rate reduction" and "efficient global cash utilization" peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing international compliance and consulting services to U.S and foreign multinational clients while identifying complex tax issues? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's International Tax Services practice.
What you'll do
As a Tax Consultant II, you will work within an engagement team and draw on experience in accounting and taxation. You will provide tax compliance and consulting services to multinational clients on the tax implications of their international operations; and you will identify basic, and some complex, tax issues and provide tax analysis and recommendations for these entities and their affiliates.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and reviewing work papers, allocations, and tax returns
• Researching and preparing materials for consulting projects related to tax planning considerations
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our International Tax team helps multinational clients with their global tax planning and compliance needs. We offer a full-range of tax services and work collaboratively to help clients meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving market and regulatory environment. Our team members are highly-knowledgeable and have diverse backgrounds in transactional analysis and support, compliance and planning for inbound and outbound businesses, supply chain and intellectual property advising, transfer pricing, transformative business modeling, and more. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte International Tax.
• At least 1 year of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work, preferably with a focus on international taxation
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field
• Previous Big 4 experience, public accounting or consulting experience
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following accreditations obtained, in the processing of obtaining, or must be willing/able to obtain:
o Licensed CPA in the state of practice/primary office
o Licensed Attorney
o Enrolled Agent
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment