Deloitte Healthcare Consulting - Integration & Divestiture Senior Manager in McLean, Virginia
M&A Integration & Divestiture, Management Office Senior Manager
The US M&A and Restructuring (M&A/R) Offering Portfolio enables our client's ability to grow, shrink, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position in a dynamic market full of change and disruption. By providing M&A and restructuring services from beginning to end, we bring a large scope of capabilities to the market and opportunity for our practice and firm. The US M&A/R Offering Portfolio works with Industry teams to identify trends that could lead to M&A or restructuring and enables us to sell front-end strategic work creating pull through for transformative services.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager, you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways. You will be responsible for engagement management:
• Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
Senior Managers manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors:
• Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Senior Managers must contribute to Practice Development & Eminence:
• Develop practical solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents, participate in public speaking events, get published in industry periodicals.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for people development:
• Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
The Management Office Team focuses on those activities of program management that are key to seamless transitions, superior outcomes, and delivering value in an integration or divestiture. The scope of the work may include:
• Identifying Integration, Divestiture or Restructuring/Transformation strategies.
• Close, Day 1 and End-State requirements.
• Development of workplans and milestones.
• Identification of functional interdependencies.
• Facilitating cutover planning.
• Testing and execution.
• New operating model analysis.
• Functional and end-to-end process analysis and alignment.
• Identifying operational program insights, analytics and assessments.
M&A/R Management Office Professionals advise and interact with senior client leadership. They are provided exposure to and the ability to develop a broad base of experience across all functional / business area aspects of a company giving the opportunity to focus in a functional / business domain area over time. Practitioners in M&A/R Management Office develop experience leading and delivering complex, multi-faceted, domestic and global programs. They also develop expertise in market-leading M&A digital delivery software applications and toolsets.
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), and retail health care clients.
• A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience in the following areas:
o Participating in setting engagement objectives and scope.
o Developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
o Designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
o Managing cross-functional teams to deliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycle including due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
o Working cross-functionally across different practices and businesses within the Firm
o Providing corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
o Partnering with senior executives to define how they employ M&A - in alignment with their corporate strategy - to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry.
o Providing industry insight and analytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, and predictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
o Managing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
o Managing day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
o Participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process; contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
o Performing role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
o Improving internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 6+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
• Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) and executive presence.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
• Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.