Deloitte Core Technology Operations - Java Development - Consultant in McLean, Virginia
CBO- Core Technology Operations - Java Developer - Consultant
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Core Technology Operations (CTO) specialists provide end-to-end services to help our client organizations manage their portfolio of IT applications, scale and optimize critical business operations, drive speed to outcome and deliver business transformation. We offer a complete range of industry-leading services, providing flexible, recurring resource capacity for client initiatives, projects, tasks, and enhancements which includes quality engineering, systems support, shared services, product engineering, and infrastructure. Our services provide ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and optimization for IT/engineering applications and products around application development, process optimization and automation to help drive speed to outcome, deliver business transformation, and build resilience in an uncertain future.
As a Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all layers of architecture in the Java J2EE technology stack. You will be responsible for independently leading the team and will mentor junior team members, collaborating with teams across shores to understand the functional requirements and translate them into work products. You will be involved in end-to-end delivery of the project from estimation, planning and execution. You would also be responsible for tracking status and collecting metrics for analysis.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities:
• Lead and drive discussions with the business and functional analysts in order to come up with the technical architecture and design, helping the team shape requirements and resolve ambiguities.
• Understand the impacts of adapting different architectures and designs and present the same to all relevant stakeholders. Manage both functional and technical requirements while deciding on technical solutions.
• Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects.
• Manage project execution by defining the work breakdown structure in accordance with the master project plan and track the process.
• Establish technical design/development guidelines, templates and standards and ensure that the team follows them.
• Run the daily calls, scrum meeting with respect to deliverables and build the weekly status reports to be reviewed by leadership.
• Perform detailed reviews on deliverables. Provide technical guidance to the team members.
• Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, project manager/scrum master, business analysts, offshore development, testing, and other cross-functional teams.
Core Technology Operations practitioners work on the design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based services.
Required• Experience working with globally distributed technology teams;
• Experience writing build/configuration scripts using Build Tools (Ant, Maven and scripting) and Code Configuration Tools (Subversion, Github, Perforce, etc).• Experience with web technologies, JSP, Servlets.
• Experience with any of the JMS/Messaging tools like Apache, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Message Brokers, Kafka, etc.
• Experience working with any one of the web frameworks: Spring, Struts, etc. and on data access frameworks like JDBC, Hibernate, etc.• Experience working in an Agile environment;• Experience with UMP (Class, Sequence, Domain Model) and on various design patterns.
• 4+ years' hands-on experience with web/application development using Java J2EE technology stack.
- Travel up to 50% - on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Preferred• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, engineering or a related discipline.
• Industry recognized technology certifications are a plus - AWS, Agile, SAFe, etc.
• Experience with microservices development using Spring Boot or any other technology framework.
• Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies not previously worked on. The ability to write SQL with complex joins on RDMS and usage of database functions or unstructured databases like MongoDB.
• Experience with web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
• Experience in an application support environment which should include working in Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.