Deloitte Cloud Native/AWS Architect - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, California
Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
• Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy, Architecture & Transformation, Cloud Native & Application Development, APIs & Integration, Platforms & Infrastructure, and Cloud Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or with AWS or Azure.
• Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
• Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
• Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services based applications in public cloud Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
• Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• 15+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 7 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
• 8+ years of experience with Java / J2EE technologies and Architecting solutions using Web technologies
• 5+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (GCP, Azure or AWS)
• 5+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
• AWS Certifications and additional Cloud Certifications GCP or Azure preferred.
• Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
• Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
• Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
• Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
• Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
• Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
• Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.