Deloitte Senior Full Stack Java Developer in Lake Mary, Florida
Senior Java Developer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system’s professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Java Developer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Lead development teams to deliver solutions the meet clientrequirements
• Contributeinall phases of the developmentlifecycle
• Write well designed,testable, efficientcode
• Track, manage and lead small teams on short term sprints, andlong-termsoftwaredeployments
• Performing code review and recommend automated reviewtools
• Lead and mentor teams to develop technical solutions using software application tools SDLC methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile
• Collaborate with teamsand implement themost relevant development tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed clientrequirements
• Use your strong communication skills and technical knowledge to translate technical software solutions to non-technicalclients
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000 professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalentwork experience
• 6 years of professional Java software development experience in developing web applications and client/server applications
• Experience developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures
• Experience developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using Angular or React; ideal candidate will have both Angular and React experience
• Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
• Must live in or be able to relocate to Lake Mary, FL area
• Travel up to 20% (while 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Experience developing applications on cloud platforms: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
• Experience with DevOps best practices and implementation, including continuous integration and continuous deployment and tools
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.