Deloitte Insurance Technician in Lake Mary, Florida
Insurance Technician- Solution Specialist
Interested in creating mission critical solutions? Together with our other delivery centers around the world, we provide development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre- and post-implementation. Here you will get the chance to work on projects that will build on your technical and business skills and help our clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value.
Work you’ll do
Insurance Technicians will be a part of our US Delivery Center (USDC) to support Deloitte’s Actuarial & Insurance Solutions (A&IS) Core team. Insurance Technician’s job functions include the following, but not limited to:
• Executing processes to support actuarial and other insurance operations across financial reporting, experience/data analysis, and model management
• Supporting model testing through reconciliation, unit testing, regression testing
• Operating processes to produce data and results needed for analysis and reporting
• Collaborating with A&IS Core team members to understand priorities and execute
• Developing tools and materials that can be leveraged for future projects
• Participating in practice development activities to enhance the capabilities and promote the culture of the USDC
Our US Delivery Center team is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex business capability and technology challenges. We work with clients and help them develop software solutions, manage their applications, and provide strategic recommendations to help them optimize their businesses’ operations, processes, and performance. Learn more about the US Delivery Center.
• At least 2 years of experience in an insurance company environment
• General knowledge of insurance products, financial reporting processes, and data-handling processes
• Proven history of task execution, with timeliness and high quality
• Superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to clearly document processes, work performed, support for decisions made
• Analytical problem-solving skills including experience reconciling, trending, or analyzing system or spreadsheet output and explaining differences in results
• Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint; plus, a high level of general computer literacy and comfort with new tools and applications
• Task and detail oriented; working well independently without continual oversight
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, effective listening skills
• Ability to execute on multiple engagements simultaneously
• Team player who enjoys working with multiple teams
• Enthusiasm for serving clients and an eye toward continuous improvement
•Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
•Must live near, or relocate to, Gilbert, AZ, Mechanicsburg, PA or Lake Mary, FL.
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Experience in a consulting environment
• Familiarity with life insurance and annuity reserve calculation requirements and mechanics
• Experience with actuarial systems, VBA, Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Business Objects
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Human Capital Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.