Deloitte Audit & Assurance Senior - US Delivery Center in Kansas City, Missouri
Are you passionate about numbers and data analysis with a keen interest in the details? Do you want a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and the ability to share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our Phoenix/Gilbert US Delivery Center (USDC or center) – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Work you’ll do
Working independently as well as collaborating with diverse group of talented audit & assurance professionals, as an Audit & Assurance Senior on our US Delivery team, you will be exposed to our clients to understand their business, the risks they face, their accounting processes and their internal controls. With a focus on quality, delivery and execution, your responsibilities include:
· Audit client financial statements, transactions and internal controls over financial reporting
· Perform data interrogation and analysis of client data leveraging artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, data visualizations, and process flow automation
· Assist in identifying client process issues and recommending solutions
· Implement Deloitte-way workflows
· Supervise and develop audit &assurance staff
· Review audit documentation prepared by audit & assurance staff
· Coordinate workflow with field engagement teams
· Meet professional expectations, develop industry proficiency to deliver exceptional audit quality and client service
Our US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel and predictable work schedules. Teams are comprised of professionals with technical and/or operational expertise whose primary responsibilities are client service delivery and audit execution.
Audit & Assurance professionals in our Phoenix/Gilbert US Delivery Center will serve a portfolio of engagements, providing increased knowledge sharing and collection of best practices to be leveraged by engagement teams, resulting in deeper insights to our clients while maintaining high audit quality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
· At least three (3) years demonstrated public accounting or equivalent experience
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Advanced degree in accounting or related field
· Experience with a regional or Big 4 accounting firm
· Work in a fast-paced environment on multiple assignments or engagements
· Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary for collaborating with teams, onsite and virtual
· Demonstrate an understanding of broad business & technical accounting and auditing
· Demonstrate experience working independently as well as a project team supervisor, team leader
· Must meet minimum requirements of 120 hours toward CPA eligibility before beginning full-time employment
· Ability to travel on an exception-basis
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions such as our Welcome to Deloitte on-boarding program, career milestone learning programs, and Audit technical training.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte) .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Accounting & Auditing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.