Deloitte Master Data Architect in Jersey City, New Jersey
Are you a driven problem solver looking to help our clients tackle some of the most pressing challenges within Government and Public Services (GPS)? Join Deloitte's Program Integrity practice to help government agencies protect taxpayer money. To address the threats that perpetuate fraud, waste, and abuse, our clients look to our team to provide the guidance and solutions required to help them stay ahead of emerging issues and protect the integrity of their programs. If you are looking for a rapidly growing, collaborative environment with opportunities to make an impact and grow, our Program Integrity team would be a great fit for you!
If you are interested in finding solutions for our clients without the extensive demands of travel, you should consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center (USDC)! We bring together cohesive teams with a focus on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to address client challenges efficiently and effectively. The USDC is growing rapidly and we are actively seeking the right professionals to join our team!
The Anti-Fraud Waste and Abuse solution, Pallium, continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of Deloitte by utilizing state-of-the-art technology and machine learning in a dedicated environment. We need you to help extend our application and contribute significantly to new feature development.
Work you'll do
The Deloitte Managed Services & Products practice launched a new service in the forensics space to detect fraud, waste, and abuse in various industries. The Anti-Fraud Waste and Abuse solution ("AFES") continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of the Deloitte forensic processing by utilizing state-of-the-art technology and machine learned in a dedicated environment. We have an urgent need for a Lead Data Architect to join our team and help drive the success of the technology center. Here are just some to the things you will be doing:
Work across enterprise architecture groups to shape and guide, recommend and influence and develop a data architecture strategy, reference and technology roadmap
Understand business requirements and translating business needs into data models, creating logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
Work across business applications owners to understand business processes and associated dataflows
Exposure to cloud environments (Azure / AWS) and hybrid cloud environments (cloud + on-prem), including familiarity with data warehouse and data lake offerings on AWS Redshift and/or Microsoft Azure
Partners with and supports (as necessary) application, data, and technology enterprise architects to develop and integrate information and application architectures, strategies, approaches, policies, standards and pipelines
Drive change through implementation of a "as-a-service" model for data that encompasses metadata, lineage, data, metrics and models including AI/ML capabilities as APIs/microservices
Lead, define and implement guiding principles and own-enable-empower framework of data management across the enterprise data repositories
Implement data architectural roadmap to improve vitality, simplify current landscape, drive operational excellence through DevOps
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
We bring a rigorous approach to help government agencies effectively detect, prevent, and respond to issues related to fraud, waste, and abuse. Our team helps tackle these threats by bringing cutting edge analytics and AI experience with innovative mindsets. Our Program Integrity team focuses on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to help clients address these challenges holistically, with a common goal to protect the integrity of their programs.
• Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related area
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Travel up to 15%
• Expertise in configuring and maintaining PostgreSQL
• Experience performance tuning queries and data models to produce the best execution plan
• Experience with Apache Spark or AWS EMR
• Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) with strong preference towards AWS
• String experience building data pipelines & ETL. Experience with ETL tools such as Talend or Informatica
• Experience with GIT
• Experience working with Azure DevOps, JIRA or similar project tracking software
• Experience with both Windows and Linux
• Understanding of the full software development life cycle in an AGILE development team
• Advanced Degree in related field
• Experience with RDS in AWS a big plus
• Experience with microservices running within Docker
• Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools
• Experience with many other big data technologies at scale. Experience with Big Query or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
• Knowledge of when to use NOSQL versus traditional RDBMS
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau
• SQS, RabbitMQ or similar queueing technologies a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.