Deloitte Consultant - Securitization Capital Markets CLO in Jersey City, New Jersey
Do you have your finger on the pulse of the vast and ever-changing capital markets environment? Have a passion for current trends in accounting and finance? As Advisory Consultant - Securitization CLO at Deloitte, you'll be part of a core team that delivers a wide range of services to our clients with a comprehensive industry focused approach. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading securitization professionals. Additionally, you'll be involved in helping advise investment banks, primary broker dealers and various asset originators on performing complex procedures on transactions throughout the lifecycle of the transaction. These roles offer a unique opportunity to gain invaluable technical skills in an evolving industry.
Work you'll do : As a Consultant in our Deloitte Advisory Securitization practice, you will perform agreed upon procedures for our investment manager clients related to the full life cycle of a structured product transaction of certain Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO). Services include portfolio data verification on the portfolios underlying assets, analytics and cash flow modeling for various prepayment and default scenarios, structural and document review, recalculating various collateral tests required by the transactions documents and investor payment date distribution of funds recalculations. We also provide infrastructure, valuation, process, policy, and control related advisory services to financial institutions, governmental agencies, finance companies, and commercial entities that participate in the CLO market.
We are looking for Consultants to join our Transactions CLO team in the Jersey City, New Jersey office (will consider other locations for the right candidate). There is no travel associated with this position. Our team is responsible for using proprietary financial models to recalculate bond waterfalls, principal and interest coverage ratios, and other portfolio criteria. These positions involve directly interfacing with clients and other professionals within the organization and throughout the industry on a daily basis. Our team also participates in audit and advisory engagements related to the CLO market and other structured products including performing portfolio data verification and valuation testing. Overall, the Transactions CLO team offers a unique opportunity to gain invaluable technical skills in an evolving industry.
Primary responsibilities include :
• Working with and creating financial models to calculate both the distribution of cash flows to all related parties of a transaction as well as various collateral criteria set forth in the transaction's governing documents.
• Responsible for preparing and issuing Agreed-Upon Procedure reports and invoices.
• Help develop and maintain proprietary securitization collateral and cash flow models, analyze results and provide explanations for discrepancies to ensure compliance with each transaction's offering documents.
• Perform and manage due diligence tie out procedures on bank loan attributes such as ratings, coupons, spreads and maturity dates.
• M anage expectations of deliverables and timing with Underwriters, Investment Managers, Trustees and engagement team.
• Provide and monitor constructive on-the-job feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews for junior analysts on common modeling structures and troubleshooting techniques.
• Approximately 6 months+ related industry experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in preferred majors including: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, or Math
• Experience in financial cash flow modeling securitization transactions in Excel/VBA
• Strong spreadsheet modeling skills required
• Experience in coordinating and communicating with working party such as bankers, attorneys, collateral managers
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
• Ability to work independently and as part of team with professionals
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work under significant time pressure
• Minimal to zero travel required (less than 10%)
• Well versed in interpretation of legal documents such as offering memorandums, offering circulars, indentures and private placement memorandums, etc.
• Prior Big 4 Accounting Firm or relevant working experience in the following industries desired:
o Mortgage and asset-backed securities
o Accounting Firms
o Corporate Trust
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.