Deloitte Business Tax Services - Manager - Investment Management, Private Wealth in Indianapolis, Indiana
Tax Manager, Investment Management
Are you looking to be a part of the largest growth area in the tax industry? Do you have experience serving clients in partnership taxation, leading and mentoring teams, and advising on important tax and business issues? If you're a leader who wants to develop and thrive in the most strategic part of our tax practice and serve our largest clients, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Tax Manager on our growing team!
What You'll Do
As a Tax Manager, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and advisory services to investment management clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients' tax objectives. You will manage the client relationship by delivering tax advisory services to the client.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax filings
• Preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and advisory projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization
• Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors
• Taking on lead client-contact roles
• Billing and profitability analysis on engagements
• Involvement in marketplace eminence building and pursuits
As the global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
• 5+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
• 3+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
• Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following accreditations obtained: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Previous Big 4 experience
• Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.