Deloitte US E-Consulting Modernization Software Engineer - Specialist Senior AMI-CBO in Houston, Texas
Modernization Software Engineer - Specialist Senior
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Modernization Software Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market.
Work you'll do
Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
5+ years of development experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Legacy, Cobol, JCL, Mainframe
Experience working with Cloud Service Providers, like AWS, Azure, and GCP
• Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented design principles and software architectures
• Understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Experience in leveraging subject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve complex problems
• Knowledge of Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
• Good understanding of software build tools (Ant, Maven)
• Demonstrated understanding of tool-based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Limited Sponsorship : Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
Must be willing to travel up to 50%