Deloitte System Engineering Business Analyst or Business Process - Consultant in Houston, Texas
System Engineering Business Analyst or Business Process - Consultant
Are you a talented professional who focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Business Analyst or Business Process Consultant, you help clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems.
Deloitte’s Systems Engineering Practice comprises passionate, like-minded technology enthusiasts who strive to fundamentally transform how our clients deliver value.
We focus on key client issues that impacts the core business by driving down the cost of quality and enhancing technology innovation. Each member of our professional team is a strategic thinker, with a passion for helping organizations innovate the way they work.
Success is defined in our ability to ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real, sustainable change and helping them achieve the change, by working with them, side by side. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We are looking for frontrunners in the field Business Analysis or Business Process.
Work you’ll do
As a core member of our Business Analysis or Business Process team, you work within an engagement team to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business. You won’t work alone. You’ll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. You’ll engage in:
Project and Program Management
Requirements Elicitation and Management
Joint Application Design Sessions
Creating Robust, Effective, Scalable Solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice.
Business Analyst/Business Process Consultants are required to have:
• 3 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• 3 years supporting the planning and management of project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment
• 3 years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint
• 2 years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center
• 2 years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
• Experience working on projects related to custom software development which should include a solid working knowledge of SDLC
• Business Process candidates should have a background in functional design with specific experience creating process maps
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now, or at any time in the future
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
• Experience involving solution development based on cloud (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture
• Familiar with testing challenges associated with applications developed for cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com
•Exposure to DevOps and CI projects
• Experience working in a collaborative environment
• Experience with work planning, monitoring, and reporting
• Experience conducting interviews and documenting requirements
• Experience facilitating design sessions and defining future state processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, technology, engineering is strongly preferred.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.