Deloitte Full Time Tax Consultant (M&A) (Summer/Fall 2023, Winter 2024) in Houston, Texas
Full Time Tax Consultant - Mergers & Acquisitions
Managing taxes is a critical part of an effective business strategy. As a tax consultant, you'll join our team of talented tax professionals to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. We're looking for people who are highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for the role.
Work you'll do
As a tax consultant, you will work directly with clients, building a relationship as a trusted tax specialist and advisor - the "go-to" tax professional. You will collaborate daily as part of high-performing teams, developing solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members. Daily tasks may include researching complex tax technical issues and assisting our clients with tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modeling on buy-side and sell-side transactions. You will commonly work with multiple clients at the same time, providing you exposure to a variety of organizations and a stronger understanding of applicable tax implications for different clients.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities. Working with clients before, during and after the transaction, tax professionals work with clients across corporate functions such as finance, treasury, human resources, operations, information technology and risk management to analyze and evaluate the tax profile and to implement planning designed to help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• Bachelors degree in accounting, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation, or Juris Doctor (JD)
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• CPA exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
• Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2023 or Winter 2024
• Technology-related coursework highly desirable
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.