Deloitte Cloud Security Senior Engineer - AWS/Azure/GCP (Remote - Delivery Center) in Houston, Texas
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte's Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you'll do
• Responsible for deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
• Set up and manage access to cloud resources using accounts, users, and groups. He/she should be knowledgeable about potential vulnerabilities of virtual machines and container deployment systems.
• Will drive adherence to federal and state compliance requirements by overseeing continuous monitoring activities and incident response.
• Provides oversight over the implementation of approved security architecture/policies/procedures for a portfolio clients and engagements Initiate and conduct project security reviews to identify cloud infrastructure security risks
• Reviews and oversee the implementation of approved recommendations on cloud security design and implementation
• Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
• Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
• Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
• Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
• Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role.
Travel up to 15%
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in:
Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects.
Strong foundational knowledge across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and/or Amazon AWS technology stack.
Standardizing Azure/GCP and/or AWS Security Best practices, processes, and procedures.
Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing a cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud platforms, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions.
Designing and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring and data protection processes and platform tools.
Building and operating automated security operations
Experience implementing Azure, GCP, and/or AWS
Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts.
Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology.
Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and terraform
Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
A comprehensive understanding of writing KQLs, and the use of PowerShell to write queries in all cloud platform
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.