Deloitte AWS Cloud Native Architect in Houston, Texas
AWS Cloud Native Architect
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS Cloud Native Architect, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• Provide technical leadership throughout the development life cycle and focus on delivery of quality solutions
• Mentor engineering team members on technical decision making, code reviews and enforcing engineering practices and standards
• Lead technical discussions and build consensus among engineers
• Work with cloud engineering teams to design and develop cloud native systems
• Create, build, and implement applications based on modern cloud design patterns and cloud software development that utilizes cloud computing and services in public, private, and hybrid clouds environments
• Leveraging cloud native services to drive innovation and increases speed to market in the software development life cycle
• Maintain application DevOps processes and deployment pipelines to implement and support application and feature releases
• Assist in system migration to the cloud supporting refactoring legacy system to modernize the application or integration services to leverage cloud native services and solutions
• Continue to learn and grow professionally as a cloud native architect as new cloud services and solutions come to market
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
• 10+ years' experience architecting and developing full stack solutions and utilizing software build and deployment tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, Bitbucket, CodeCommit)
• 10+ years application and API development background in object-oriented programming language such as (Java, .NET, C#)
• Experience with modern API development (Node.js, Go)
• 10+ years cloud native language experience (Lambda, Node.js Python)
• Strong understanding of cloud serverless solutions (S3, CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda Functions, ElastiCache, SQS, MQ, RDS)
• Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, AWS ECS, Fargate)
• Experience with cloud build and deployment tools (GitLab, Beanstalk, OpsWorks, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy)
• Experience working with cloud database services (RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB)
• Experience working with cloud deployment languages (CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
• Base understanding of cloud services and infrastructure (VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, VPC, SG, NACL)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must live in or be able to relocate to Lake Mary, FL, Gilbert, AZ or Mechanicsburg, PA
• Ability to travel 0% - 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• AWS Certification (AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Developer, AWS DevOps)
• Other cloud certifications nice to have (GCP, Azure)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.