Deloitte Manager, Technology Project Leader in Hermitage, Tennessee
Deloitte Technology-US (DT-US) PMO - Manager
As a Manager in the Deloitte Technology-US (DT-US) Office of the CIO (OCIO) PMO team, you will play a supporting role in leveraging leading program and project management practices and methodologies to enable world-class delivery of our major internal technology programs.
The DT-US PMO team is part of the Office of CIO (OCIO) and reports to the US OCIO Leader. The OCIO leads the development and implementation for technology strategy at Deloitte and drives the strategic initiatives to build market leading technology capabilities. DT-US powers IT for Deloitte's 175K+ professionals while supporting business priorities and transformational initiatives in areas such as AI, Cloud, and Cyber.
Work you'll do
As a DT-US Manager, you will work directly with the DT-US PMO FSS or Enabling Area Leads to leverage leading practices used within the Deloitte Businesses and/or industry to drive successful technology implementations. Specifically, you will proactively incorporate those leading practices into our evolving methodologies, tools, templates, processes, and organizational thinking for how we should manage and lead strategic technology implementations for continuous improvements. Additionally, you will support efforts to drive consistency throughout our DT-US organization in how we implement and deliver our technology programs and projects.
You will also manage the end-to-end project lifecycle for large and complex projects/programs in one or more of the DT-US project portfolios. You will lead and coordinate project/program team resources to ensure project/program milestones are met and the project/program is delivered on schedule and on budget with the highest standard of quality. You will also manage project/program risk identification and resolution to keep projects/programs on track and able to deliver planned outcomes. As the DT-US PMO Manager, you will be expected to build and demonstrate a strong competency and business knowledge on assigned initiatives. You may have responsibility for managing day-to-day activities of other PMO team members as well as providing coaching and performance feedback.
• Drives cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-risk, complex programs/projects
• Leads program/project issue/risk management, remediation plans, and escalations across channels, studios/service areas for projects within assigned programs - responsible for providing management direction in these areas and ensuring clear communication, consideration of all factors, generation of solution alternatives, and defined actionable plans.
• Develops and demonstrates strong business knowledge of the assigned business units/portfolios/products
• Works with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary project and program resources throughout the project lifecycle and resolves resource availability conflicts across the program
• Builds detailed program/project master schedules and promotes collaboration through identified team sites
• Oversees the activities of other PMO junior resources and offshore teams to ensure delivery of timely solutions.
• Conducts ongoing examination of projects within the program for compliance with established processes, project plans/schedules and budgets, influencing decisions on resource utilization and allocation at key project lifecycle decision points.
• Maintains oversight and accountability for program performance including creation/review of key project delivery metrics across projects within the program.
• Prepares and delivers regular, audience-specific communications/reports/dashboards to ensure that program sponsors, key stakeholders, CIO advisors and leadership are adequately apprised of program and project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
• Manages and tracks project/program budget/variance and takes corrective actions.
• Proposes changes to project methodologies, frameworks, and promotes best practices for continuous process improvement.
• Motivates and leads teams and fosters a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
• Accountable for all applicable PMO related processes and methodologies and their proper and consistent execution on all projects
• Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of relevant experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT initiatives utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a matrixed professional services firm
• Minimum of 1 year of people management experience
• Certified SAFe Scrum Master/Release Train Engineers (RTE) or equivalent, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) knowledge, hands on experience with Azure DevOps (ADO), and have demonstrated experience leading and driving SAFe/Agile projects
• Experience managing projects/programs in ServiceNow (minimum 1-2 years experience)
• Minimal travel required; this role is predominantly remote with the option to work from home or a nearby Deloitte office
• Strategic and critical thinker with the ability to make connections across workstreams and Deloitte's matrixed organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong executive presence. Must be able to analyze, understand, and communicate complex ideas across a varied audiences, including senior Deloitte Partners, Principals, and Managing Director leaders
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Experience with strategy / business case development, then developing the implementation plan to support the business case, and driving the implementation of the plan to deliver the final program objectives
• Experience in planning, estimation, resource management, project tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as stakeholder relationship management.
• Experience with project / program financial management (e.g., Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting, Business Case Development, etc.)
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
• Empowered self-starter comfortable to take the lead and managing multiple initiatives with an ability to effectively collaborate across teams
• Proven success at mentoring and leading teams that are focused on exceptional client service and can manage risk remotely/virtually
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
• Experience working with a blend of onshore/offshore teams
• MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
• Prior experience in or working for Executive Leaders and their respective offices/leadership teams
• Prior experience in Consulting, Technology, or technology implementations
• Prior experience with IT Financial management methodologies and disciplines
• Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to logically structure issues and determine recommended resolutions
• Detail-oriented with ability to plan, prioritize, and make decisions on multiple time-sensitive projects
• Strong commitment to integrity
• Strong knowledge of leading-edge project management methodologies
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Agile project experience
• Strong MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.
• Proficient in MS Project and MS Project Server (or similar applications)
• Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
• ServiceNow experience desirable
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $93,000 to $191,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.