Deloitte US E-Consulting Product Engineering - Support Engineer - Consultant - AMI - CBO in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Support Engineer - DC Consultant
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Support Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market.
Work you'll do
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure and or providing documentation to end users
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Contribute to department documentation and knowledge sharing
• Provide excellent customer service through ticket management
• Maintain up-to-date professional knowledge and skills
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering
• 5+ years' experience troubleshooting issues and outages at the server level not desktop, by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• 5+ years' experience with the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
• 5+ years' experience with Install and upgrade of computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
• 5+ years' experience with configuring and setup of networks on premise and Cloud
• 3+ years' experience working with cloud computing on one of the major Cloud providers
• 5+ years' experience being responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Ability to communicate effectively technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Familiarity with ticket management systems (JIRA Service Desk preferred)
• Cloud certifications a plus
• Limited Sponsorship : Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Ability to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.