Deloitte Deloitte Consulting, US Delivery Center, Government & Public Services - Solution Summer Scholar (SD&A) in Gilbert, Arizona
Interested in creating mission critical solutions? Together with our other delivery centers around the world, we provide development and sustainment services for our clients, both pre- and post-implementation. Here you'll get the chance to work on projects that will build on your technical and business skills, support organizations undergoing large-scale transformation, and help our clients achieve a higher level of service and business value.
Work you'll do
As a Solution Summer Scholar (Intern), you'll work with an experienced team to act as a strategic advisor to clients through solution implementation and maintenance. The work could span a variety of skillsets, as detailed below.
Knowledge Areas- Systems Development & Administration * As part of the application process, you will provide preferences for your top choices of profiles. Expertise in all knowledge areas is NOT required for the position.
• Play a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of application software
• Code entirely new custom software applications, or use 'off the shelf' software
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and translate design wireframes to code
Cloud Technology & Networking:
• Develop templates, scripts or programming in a cloud environment
• Provide support for networking, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and developing/deploying/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
• Provide system administration tasks for ERP applications and Cloud platforms. Assist with troubleshooting technical issues
• Provide functional testing of applications while becoming subject matter experts in the applications under test
• Develop automation frameworks and scripts to provide efficiencies and effective smoke/regression testing.
Our US Delivery Center team is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex challenges . We work with clients and help them develop custom software solutions, manage their applications and databases, and provide strategic recommendations to help them enhance their businesses' operations, processes, and performance. Learn more about the US Delivery Center.
Bachelor's degree in process (with expected graduation no later than August 2023) in these or related areas of study
Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Security, IT Operations/Administration, Mathematics
Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
Willingness to travel up to 10% percent of the time; travel varies based on project assignment requirements. While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Comfort and ability to accurately build and test code with tools like Junit, Apache JMeter, and PLSQL/SQL scripts
Understanding of mobile app development.
Knowledge of database like SQL Server, Oracle, AWS RDS and open-source databases like Mongo DB, and NoSQL
Knowledge in security, infrastructure, and networking
Knowledge in using the Agile/Scrum methodology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.