Deloitte Software Asset Management Consultant in Falls Church, Virginia
Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte's Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our client's business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you'll do
• Responsible for the management of all commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) SW product requests and HW requests beginning with the initial receipt and review of the Software Request through the procurement, tracking, and maintenance of license agreements.
• Reviews software requests for potential of leveraging other existing license agreements
• Briefs leadership of overall COTS SW Program and upcoming action items and potential risks - along with mitigative strategies.
• Prioritizes COTS SW purchase/maintenance needs and helps shape COTS SW purchases and maintenance priorities for the organization.
• Coordinates with Product Team and COTS SW Analysts to ensure that the software requirements identified for the Product are met in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participates in discussions with Product Teams and Leadership regarding COTS SW license agreements, requirements for future license agreements, and for any COTS SW products supporting their products and/or systems.
• Serves as an approving official and Contracting Office Representative (COR) for software requests.
• Participates in discussions regarding COTS SW license agreements, requirements for future license agreements, and for any COTS SW products supporting their products and/or systems.
• Oversees the usage and allocation of COTS SW products at the Product Team level.
• Communicate with product support personnel or applicable department support personnel in regard to their requirements and product requests.
• Notify requestors when product has been obtained and provides the SW product with related key, media or operating notes.
• Track COTS SW licenses and/or media transfers to SDD Configuration Management and all other relevant parties.
• Maintain accountability of all SDD-owned SW.
• Ensure licenses' terms and conditions are met and ensure compliance with copyright and intellectual property statutes.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Operations Transformation offering transforms our clients' core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions that are focused on "heart of the business" issues across client organizations. Using deep sector knowledge and program management skills, we work alongside our clients to implement industry leading practices and manage their most important projects.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future OR (2) Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
2+ years' of experience
• Knowledge of Information Technology software
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Proven researching ability
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
• Experience interpreting licensing/contract terms and conditions
• Good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects
• Customer Service oriented
• Ability to communicate at every level of the organization
• Ability to exercise judgment and to work independently
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.