Deloitte Research Administration Senior Consultant in Falls Church, Virginia
Research Administration Senior Consultant - Higher Education
Are you passionate about the future of higher education? Do you have an interest in supporting vital research initiatives which seeks to cure diseases, advance technology, and maintain national security? Are you excited by the opportunity to lead strategic projects to improve the university research enterprise? Our Research Administration team is thrilled to help our clients think beyond the ordinary and transform their research administration organizations in ways that drive innovation, promote operational efficiency, enable greater use of technology, and support faculty in delivering research outcomes.
Work you'll do
As a Research Administration Senior Consultant, you will use your deep knowledge of research organizations and experience in the higher education industry to deliver excellent results for our clients by:
• Providing leadership within your team to analyze, design, and implement future-focused, strategic projects with high visibility and rapid results - focusing on evaluating research operations; and rethinking where and how research administration work gets done to support the institutional research mission
• Managing all aspects of project delivery, including client relationship management, risk and issue management, and strategic communications
• Building your reputation within the firm and in the market for the strong research administration knowledge and higher education industry credibility you possess
• Forging strong relationships with both the clients and project teams that will contribute to your growth and development
• Travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
The Research Administration Team
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, we help our clients excel in transforming the research administration support model and identify ways to support faculty most effectively in their pursuit and delivery of impactful science. We help research administrators plan for the future, enable strategies to mitigate compliance risk, and incorporate greater use of technologies. We empower research organizations to better support the business of research through achieving higher efficiencies, reduced costs, increased compliance, and improved operating outcomes through process improvements. We also help them to drive and maximize this value and help the business achieve its strategic objectives in performance and growth.
Research Administration Strategies
New technologies, platforms, operating models, and processes are often realized once there is functional capability to leverage them to the fullest. Working with Deloitte enables you to focus on building the capabilities in research administration needed to deliver for the future and remain relevant in the context of today's ever-evolving research administration business demands.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of research administration (or equivalent higher education) experience
• 5+ years of consulting experience in the research administration industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of research administrations functions and processes within the higher education industry, with experience in one or more of the following areas: pre-and post-award research administration, departmental research administration, research compliance (IRB, IACUC, IBC, COI), or clinical trials management
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Strong client presence with project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Ability to succeed in team-based or independent environments
• Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects and clients simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to create and manage client relationships and develop business
• Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.