Deloitte Manager, Legal Management Consulting in Detroit, Michigan
Manager, Legal Management Consulting
Today’s world requires a new approach to the delivery of legal services. Now more than ever, legal departments are having to address the challenge of dealing with increasing complexity and demand with the same or fewer resources. As part of Deloitte’s Legal Business Services, our Legal Management Consulting (LMC) business is looking for team members to deliver high-quality consulting and solutioning services in a dynamic and growing marketplace. Are you a high-performing consultant and would you like to work with teams of experts and global legal departments at the very cutting edge of digital legal and contracting transformation and legal operations enablement?
Work you’ll do
As a Manager, you will play a key leadership role as part of a growing multi-disciplinary consulting team. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and will help to develop and deliver best in class consultancy services in a dynamic environment.
• Assignments will cover the full spectrum of legal department and/or contracts consulting services including strategic operating model assessment and redesign, process re-engineering, spend and cost optimization, right-sourcing, technology selection, acquisition and adoption, developing metrics and KPIs, and identification of opportunities for efficiency improvements and optimization in legal department and contracting processes.
• This is a unique opportunity for you to join the team as it expands and help position Deloitte LMC as the clear market leader.
• Primarily focusing on the delivery of client work that will successfully fulfil and exceed client expectations and deliver engagement and program objectives.
• Working and starting to lead as part of a team of industry specialists providing consulting services to major clients on legal and contracting transformation, you will quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge to become an expert in your field.
• Managing communication within project teams and with client stakeholders, maintaining and developing relationships at appropriate levels.
• Assisting with appropriate supervision activities and managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
• Maintaining and improving existing service offerings and contributing to the development of new services that anticipate and meet future client needs.
Today’s world requires a new approach to the delivery of legal services. Now more than ever, legal departments are having to address the challenge of dealing with increasing complexity and demand with the same or fewer resources. The Deloitte LBS team works with legal departments and contracting teams to help them rethink their operating models, achieve greater efficiencies and increase the value they deliver back to their business stakeholders. We aim to disrupt the legal market and we need highly motivated and talented individuals to help us achieve this goal. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, technology, operations, finance, accounting (or related field)
• 5 years of experience shaping and managing complex legal department and/or contracting change and transformation projects
• Experienced with a wide range of methodologies and project types including organizational assessments, strategy reviews, process reengineering and technology implementations
• Experience with an in-house legal department and/or contract management team
• Experience managing and guiding the development of members of your team
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following Accreditations: (please note these accreditations are only applicable for this role; a different accreditation may be needed for other roles within the organization):
o PMP (Project Management Certification)
o Six Sigma (Black Belt)
o Six Sigma (Green Belt)
o PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (Project Management Institute-ACP)
o Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
o Licensed Attorney (or their foreign equivalents)
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o A relevant industry certification
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Advanced Degrees in law, accounting, business, economics, technology, operations or finance (or related fields)
• Previous legal tax experience
• Experience with program and change management skills, with an understanding of project profitability and budget management
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.