Deloitte Technical Manager-Cloud in Denver, Colorado
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Technical Manager - Cloud you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing extensive travel, and provides you with a full career path within the firm.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
Provide an advisory role to the Vice President on managing and running a development shop
Responsible for providing direction and leadership to designated software engineering staff onshore / offshore
Develop and maintain wireless technology solutions and oversee the execution of engineering initiatives
Coordinate and collaborate with product and other engineering organizations, Technical Operations and other organizations as need to ensure optimal customer experience, cost efficiency, effective implementation of the products and solutions as well as ease of operations
Responsible for developing capital budgets, purchasing, staff development, managing the support of existing products and the deployment of new products
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline or equivalent experience.
• Strong background with cloud native software development and to provide technology guidance on Java Core programming, REST based web-services, microservice with Sprint/Spring Boot, React JS and NOSQL databases
• Experience with various modern technologies like Kafka, Docker , Containerization and AWS cloud native services like EKS, Fargate, Lambda etc
• Extensive experience in software development, architecture design, automation and Quality Assurance.
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or Agile framework experience including leading Agile teams, familiarity with SAFe/Agile ceremonies.
• Ability to think strategically and translate business needs into effective engineering execution by removing roadblocks and providing guardrails for the team to succeed.
• Strong knowledge on industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Strong technical leadership background with ability to inspire and empower those around you.
• Demonstrated passion for people management, mentoring and growing software engineers to meet their career goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Self-motivated individual, able to work through ambiguity and under pressure to meet commitments within tight time constraints.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, changing priorities, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Travel up to 10% annually
Knowledge of Wireless technologies, architectures and standards.
Solid understanding of the AWS technology stack (e.g. EC2, S3)
Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and an automated
Strong familiarity with software architecture patterns and their application
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $93,000 to $124,000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.