Deloitte Tax Senior - Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate in Denver, Colorado
Core Business Tax - Senior Consultant
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple jurisdictions and countries? Do phrases like "accounting for income taxes," "tax advisory," and "tax controversy" pique your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a variety of industries? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Senior Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing and assisting with a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, including tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research.
Responsibilities will include:
• Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
• Coordinating with client's tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
• Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
• Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
• Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
• Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services .
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
• 3+ years' experience in federal taxation
• Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed attorney
o Enrolled agent
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the job, due to COVID-19, all non-essential travel has been suspended)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $51,400 to $114,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.