Deloitte SAP Implementation Senior Consultant - Tax in Denver, Colorado
SAP is one of the leading ERP technologies that is revolutionizing how tax is managed and how tax departments around the globe operate. If you are someone who thrives in navigating the growing tax landscape through a technology lens and partnering with passionate professionals to help companies achieve their tax objectives; then we would like to get to know you. Apply now!
What You’ll Do
As a professional in Deloitte’s Tax Management Consulting (TMC) team, you will be a part of a team that provides an integrated approach to technology implementations that help tax departments maximize the strategic value to the organization. You will deliver services for companies that are implementing tax solutions related to enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and tax applications.
As an SAP Senior, you will contribute to the growth and success of Deloitte Tax LLP in a variety of ways, including:
• Client Management: Manage the day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
• Delivery: Manage and deliver components of SAP or indirect tax engine client engagements and teams.
• Solutions: Identify, design and implement technology and innovative solutions to address tax needs.
• Cross Functional Teaming: Understand and articulate the broader TMC practice and Deloitte overall. Maintain relationships and serve clients holistically.
• People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; participate in the staffing process and retention activities.
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contacts, organize and lead pursuit teams; contribute to business development.
• 3 years’ experience in implementation of tax related solutions in SAP including but not limited to tax requirements for direct tax such as corporate income tax, operational transfer pricing, state income taxation and indirect (transaction tax) solutions including but not limited to using native SAP functionality, ONESOURCE Indirect Determination, Vertex, Avalara, Sovos (Taxware)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computer science, or related field
• Travel up to 80% (While 80% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel is suspended until further notice)
• SAP, Oracle, ONESOURCE, Vertex, CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other technology related certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Experience with a Big 4 firm, large ERP/consulting organization, or a large IT department of a multinational company with tax related experience
• Experience working directly with clients
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $51,400 to $114,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) practice helps tax departments pursue a streamlined, transparent, and efficient tax function that enhances the core responsibilities of compliance, reporting and planning, while also positioning tax as a strategic business advisor for the digital era. We specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function’s unique needs, requirements and obligations. As technology specialists, we help clients make appropriate technology choices for both direct and indirect taxes across all business cycles that have a tax impact tax. Our team, the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients with a successful ERP implementation.
Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to support our clients’ objectives and address their challenges. Our team’s multi-disciplinary approach combines tax technical and technology skillsets, enabling greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. TMC’s business services help clients with operating model evaluation, roadmap development for a desired future state, data management solutions, automation opportunities, tax portal, cloud for enterprise systems, agile resourcing models, risk, provision and compliance. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/tax/solutions/tax-management-consulting.html) .
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitteuniversity-leadership-center.html?id=us:2el:3zf:jobs2du:awa:career:041219#home) .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html) .
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte) .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html) .
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html) .
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.