Deloitte Audit & Assurance Sustainability Staff Full Time (Summer 2021, Winter 2022) - Colorado in Denver, Colorado
At Deloitte, our Sustainability & KPI Services Team combines CPAs with specialists in sustainability assurance, risk, measurement, and reporting. The Sustainability team provides advisory and assurance services for clients on a broad range of aspects for clients who plan to or are already disclosing against established sustainability reporting standards or frameworks such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate- Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Principles for Responsible Investing, IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management, UN Global Compact, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the GHG Protocol, CDP, and the International Integrated Reporting Council Integrated Reporting Framework. Our team includes specialists who bring industry-specific sustainability perspectives. These include understanding evolving ESG trends and market forces, why certain sustainability metrics are important from both a financial and risk perspective, and experience in advising companies as they establish and improve internal processes for collecting, analyzing, measuring, and reporting information.
Work you'll do
As a Sustainability Assistant, you will gather, analyze and distribute information regarding developments in sustainability to our clients and our practice. Other responsibilities would include:
• Participate in the delivery of projects for clients with a focus on:
o Research, stakeholder engagement, and analysis as part of materiality assessments and ESG risk and opportunity analyses
o Sustainability-related assurance procedures such as evaluating and testing ESG data and processes and related controls
o Corporate reporting in line with recognized ESG standards and frameworks such as GHG Protocol, TCFD, GRI, SASB, CDP, PRI, and WEF-IBC
o Decarbonization, science-based targets, energy transition, energy and carbon reporting and analytics
o Climate risk assessments and mitigation strategies
o ESG due diligence and ESG advisory projects for financial service clients
o Qualitative and quantitative research using ESG data
• Participate in client meetings
• Assist in preparation of deliverables and reports
A successful Sustainability Assistant will have the following:
• Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment
• Strong written and communication skills
• Experience working independently on multiple assignments or engagements, even in a virtual environment
• Undergraduate degree in business with a minor or dual degree focused on sustainability-related disciplines, or undergraduate degree in sustainability management, climate policy, public policy or a related-environmental, social or engineering disciplines.
• Understanding of ESG-related standards and frameworks including GHG Protocol, SASB, GRI, TCFD, Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Strong MS-Office experience
• Strong data analytics and visualization skills, comfortable working with large datasets, both in Excel and beyond. Experience using Tableau, ArcGIS, Python advantageous
• Sustainability certification (e.g., GRI or SASB's Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting credential a plus) or certified public accountant (CPA) with relevant sustainability experience
• Familiarity with ESG ratings (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, S&P)
• Familiarity or experience in any of the following fields is preferred: circular economy, sustainability target setting, carbon accounting, sustainable finance, ESG due diligence, climate change, and / or ESG governance.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $56,000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.