Deloitte Manager, Engagement in Dayton, Ohio
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As an Engagement Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role, you will provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios leadership and customers related to solution options and vendor product selection. In addition, you will work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
In this role, you will work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions. You will lead product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
• Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives for the application and client installations.
• Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
• Manages all design, development and QA aspects of the SAFe or Agile SDLC for multiple projects.
• Provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios leadership and customers around solution options and vendor product selection as needed.
• Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project enagements.
• Work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions.
• Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
• Monitor & ensure standardized procedures, best practices, and function-specific processes are being followed throughout the delivery of solution
• Manage the day to day decision making involved in the assigned product portfolio.
• Faciliate Program Increment (PI) planning with stakeholders and different groups
• Monitor and prepare development product work plans, budget, and schedules and create agile teams.
• Work with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy for execution of product roadmaps.
• Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production.
• Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
• Ensure that all products support the appropriate business processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance processes in place.
• Experience working with multiple teams on Cloud based technologies
• Lead all design/development/deployment aspects of SDLC for Deloitte Application Studios projects in partnership with PMO
• Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel vision and product innovation roadmaps.
• Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the effort.
• Partner with channel leaders and project team to design, develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
• Develop project documentation in collaboration with PMO-e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
• Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
• Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
• Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
• Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and recommend upgrades as necessary.
• Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
• Own product releases and provide status to Deloitte Application Studios and ITS leadership; escalate issues proactively.
• Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
• Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
Project Delivery Teaming:
• Partner with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
• Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
• Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
• Partner with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements which have a impact on business applications.
• Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
• Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
• Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed
• Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
Offshore Team Oversight
• Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
• Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
• Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
• Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor resources assigned to project.
• Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
• Security, risk & compliance
• Technology support
• Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent. An advanced degree is also preferred.
• 5+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to travel up to 5%
• Experience in managing delivery of SAFe or Agile/Scrum projects a must.
• Experience in delivering Globalization & Localization products is a plus.
• Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
• Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications needed.
• Azure cloud solutions delivery experience needed
• Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or Cloud application development is a plus.
• Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
• Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
• Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion for applications delivery.
• Strong project management and team management skills.
• Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
• Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
• Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short and long-term milestones.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
• Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Collaboration and decision-making skills
• Experience interfacing with internal and external software design, 3rd party development vendors or hosting providers preferred.
• Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95070- $195215
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.