Deloitte AWS Data Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
CBO – Systems Engineering – Project Delivery Specialist – AWS Data Engineer - TPP
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider a remote opportunity with us.
Work you’ll do
As an AWS Data Engineer, you will be expected to perform the following:
• Creating/managing AWS services.
• Work with distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
• Building and supporting real-time data pipelines
• Design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing Step functions or custom data pipelines.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Must have significant experience with AWS data services
• Strong database experience in Relational, Columnar, NOSQL & Timeseries databases.
• Working experience on building and supporting real-time data pipelines using AWS Glue, Redshift/Spectrum, Kinesis, Firehose, Pyspark, EMR and Athena.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS solutions including S3, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Redshift and AWS RDS.
• Experience in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing Step functions or custom data pipelines.
• Nice to have experience working on Hadoop, Data Bricks
• Familiarity with log formats from various AWS services such as S3 server access , CloudFront distribution, Lambda execution, ELB, Container execution etc.
• Experience on creating AWS Lambda functions using Python or R scripts.
• Familiarity with AWS infrastructure related services such as: AWS VPC, EC2 Instances, Network policies and Cloud Watch.
Limited immigration sponsorship maybe available
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.