We’re looking for highly-motivated, strategic thinkers with a background in economics to join our transfer pricing consulting team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for our internship program. During the internship, you’ll gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You’ll receive mentorship and guidance from professionals in our Transfer Pricing practice and have the opportunity to assist clients in developing transfer pricing strategies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer Pricing is a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. Transfer Pricing interns are given the opportunity to develop consulting skills and to apply their expertise to generate effective solutions to complex economic problems. You have to know what you’re doing on the ground in every locality and how that impacts every other location and the overall international strategy of the client— while staying current and keeping up with ever-evolving challenges and regulations. Experience the world, with a view beyond borders!
Work you’ll do
No two days as an intern in the Transfer Pricing practice will be the same. You’ll:
- Work alongside professionals with various backgrounds, including Ph.D. economists, tax professionals and specialists, in a team environment to analyze and resolve international transfer pricing issues faced by multinational enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
- Be an integral part of the client-facing team, to develop a comprehensive understanding of your client’s business and the broader industry in which they operate.
- Perform detailed economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling and empirical analyses.
- Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations and other client materials.
Members of the highly specialized Transfer Pricing group work to help develop transfer pricing methodologies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer pricing is an international practice that is client-facing, providing unique opportunities to work with global Deloitte teams on international engagements. Transfer Pricing practitioners, utilizing the latest technology and strategies, develop a rich set of skills that combine the rigor of modeling, empirical analysis and economic consideration with the interaction and energy of a global consultancy practice, to help clients work with complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing needs on a global level.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte’s transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding professional experience with competitive compensation and benefits and with opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor degree with strong academic track record
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel up to 15% (While 15% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- The start date for this position will be in 2022
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, international relations or a related field
- Work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)