Deloitte Power, Utilities & Renewables ADMS Functional Manager in Costa Mesa, California
Power, Utilities & Renewables ADMS Functional Manager
Are you an ADMS professional experienced with clients in Power & Utilities? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and high demand for Systems Engineering and Implementation talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team environment.
Core Product Activities
• Develop Preparation Materials to help facilitate the Sprints/Design and Build Sessions
• Develop User Story Management Plan and Schedule
• Document Configuration and Design decisions
• Establish Configuration Management
• Manage Product Backlog
• Develop Detailed Project Plan for Planning, Design and Configuration Activities and Tasks
• Manage Detailed Project Plan; including client, product vendor and Deloitte resources as well as cross team dependencies.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience with real time systems in Power & Utilities including ADMS, OMS, DMS, D-SCADA, GIS, and/or EMS
• 6+ years of Power & Utilities Industry experience
• Experience in leading a large team and managing consulting vendors, subcontractor resources, and cross team dependencies.
• Experience of developing and tracking detailed project plans for a large-scale system integration project.
• Experience in multiple full development life cycle implementations of large system implementation projects across multiple operating companies.
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall Implementation Methodologies.
• Travel 50% of the time (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or Business Administration
• Strong product configuration knowledge
• Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills: ability to build relationships with, engage and challenge multiple client stakeholders across multiple business units.
• Experience leading design workshops and/or facilitating meetings of mixed stakeholder groups across Business, IT, and Operations.
• Superior verbal, written, facilitation, and presentation skills across various levels of stakeholders (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio).
• Experience with developing and reviewing detailed design specifications and documentation for multiple stakeholders. Superior English writing skills with a key eye for detail and quality.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• Previous experience with the following Tools - HP PPM, HP ALM, MS Office (including Project and Visio)
Work you will do
The ADMS Functional Manager is responsible for identifying and prioritizing what needs to be built for the ADMS product. The Manager works with the functional, interface, conversion and development leads to accurately capture and convey functional requirements to the team. The Manager sets the direction and decomposition as to how the detailed design session will be managed. He or she also facilitates design/configuration reviews, as required. The Manager reprioritizes the design backlog on an ongoing basis depending on changing business needs, especially before design planning meetings, and makes sure that the highest priority design works gets done first.
Power, Utilities and Renewables
The Power, Utilities, & Renewables sector is undergoing significant regulatory changes while shifts in outage management are causing many industry leaders to rethink their governance models. Customer expectations for digital connectivity and ease of access are driving business process redesign around the customer experience. Connectivity to the grid is key, and companies are adopting new strategies for asset maintenance and more efficient methods of energy generation and distribution. Deloitte provides a large majority of the Fortune 500 P&U companies with Consulting services now, but moving forward, we have launched a growth strategy to at least double our revenue over the next 3-5 years. By working with Deloitte's Offering Portfolios to update our mix of services to our clients (digital technologies, SAP HANA, Cloud, Grid and Operations technologies), we are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.