Deloitte Tax Manager, Business Tax Services - Investment Management, Private Wealth in Columbus, Ohio
Tax Manager, Investment Management
Are you looking to be a part of the largest growth area in the tax industry? Do you have experience serving clients in partnership taxation, leading and mentoring teams, and advising on important tax and business issues? If you’re a leader who wants to develop and thrive in the most strategic part of our tax practice and serve our largest clients, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Tax Manager on our growing team!
What You’ll Do
As a Tax Manager, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and advisory services to investment management clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives. You will manage the client relationship by delivering tax advisory services to the client.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax filings
• Preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and advisory projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization
• Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors
• Taking on lead client-contact roles
• Billing and profitability analysis on engagements
• Involvement in marketplace eminence building and pursuits
As the global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
• 5 years’ experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
• 3 years’ experience with investment management or partnership taxation
• Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following accreditations obtained: Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office, Licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent
•Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Previous Big 4 experience
• Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitteuniversity-leadership-center.html?icid=top_#home) .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html) .
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day.Learn more about Life at Deloitte (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte) .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html) .
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals (https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html) .
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.