Deloitte Cyber Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) - Onsite - Colorado Springs, CO (Top Secret Required) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte's Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
We require a seasoned Cyber Infrastructure Engineer with a desire to actively defend the mission systems critical to our national defense.
As a Mid-engineer the candidate will work with other engineers to apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Recruiting for this position will end on 03/31/2024.
Work you'll do
Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Consult on IT and cyber defensive architecture and technologies.
Assess assigned cyber key terrain to thoroughly understand the mission, architecture and associated threat.
Advise on technical design and implementation of capabilities required to effectively protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks.
Research cyber defense technologies for best fit based on mission, architecture and current threat.
Design, implement, configure and/or tune cyber defensive technology.
Author documentation to include SOPs, checklists, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, crew binders, etc. to support operations.
Adapt technologies to meet the mission architecture and threat.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Active Top Secret security clearance required
• Travel up to 15%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Must be IAT III Certified while in this role
• 5 years of technical experience in cyber-defense or cyber security related fields (e.g., engineering, networking, systems integration, solutions etc.) Experience using cyber reconnaissance, cloud infrastructure or software asset management to support a federal client.
• 5 years of professional technical experience (these years may be in conjunction with #2). Experience years must come from at least 2 of the following areas: Container or virtual environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, AWS) or In-band and out-of-band test access points for network traffic collection and aggregation (e.g. Gigamon)
• Knowledge of Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Kali, etc.)
• Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
• Previous Security Operations Center experience
• Knowledge of mobile and endpoint security
• Certifications such as (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEG, CISSP)
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $92k - $154k.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.