Deloitte Retail/Consumer Products Finance Strategy Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Retail/Consumer Products Finance Strategy Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
Finance & Enterprise Performance
Our Finance & Enterprise Performance team works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization.
Work you'll do
You, along with dynamic colleagues, will help CFOs and Finance Executives define and implement a vision for how to elevate their roles as business partners. As a Deloitte Manager you will provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues and needs and designing and implementing creative business and technology solutions for large companies in the following areas:
Finance capability and maturity assessment
Finance visioning, business case, and roadmap development
Service delivery model strategy
Capital allocation strategy
Finance organization design
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A):
Planning, budgeting, and forecasting optimization
Zero-based budgeting (ZBB)
Cost and profitability management optimization
Management reporting and analytics design
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) design
Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and Record-to-Report optimization
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Manager responsibilities include:
• Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues
• Determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
• Evaluate and validate analysis and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
• Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
• Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
• Lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
• 6+ years of professional experience in a consulting or Consumer industry setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
• 6+ years of experience working in Consumer Products (wholesalers or distributors) or Retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
• 6+ years' experience working in Finance organizations or consulting setting, advising CFO's on one or more of the following areas: finance transformation, process improvements, financial planning redesign, service delivery model design and implementation
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university
• Practical experience in Finance Service Delivery, Finance Operations, FP&A, Finance Strategy, or EPM
• Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
• Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
• Experience developing a vision for the Finance organization and realizing the vision through large scale transformations encompassing finance process redesign, service delivery model development, and technology implementations.
• Experience with Finance in a Digital world technologies such as process automation through robotics, predictive analytics and visualization etc.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Visa-Sponsorship - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
• Ability to understand how business model changes impact finance organizations
• Ability to provide strategy, transformation, and technology fluency (experience delivering ops and technology) to Office of the CFO, experience leading cross-functional teams across Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
• Experience developing proposals, establishing and delivering Programs with multiple work streams and large, multi-functional teams (e.g., IT, PMO, change management, process re-engineering, organizational redesign, etc.).
• Specific experience should include but not be limited to, assessing the Finance organization, identifying initiatives supporting a future state roadmap; Deep understanding of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Accelerate Close Cycles, and business partnering across people, process and technology dimensions.
• Developing Digital solutions (e.g., predictive planning, scenario based models, ERP, process automation, analytics, and visualizations); Ability to lead complex benchmarking studies for finance service delivery models, and ability to develop and execute plans to achieve future state needs (e.g. operating model structure with shared services, COE's, spans and layers etc.).
• Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
• Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.