Deloitte US E-Consulting-Customer & Marketing - Digital Customers Technical Architect - ServiceNow in Chicago, Illinois
Technical Architect - ServiceNow
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
In your role, you will be responsible for envisioning and developing intuitive solutions on the ServiceNow platform to meet client needs. You will help shape the future of our IT organization by leveraging creative ideas utilizing the many benefits of ServiceNow as a key enabling platform in our organization. You will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
• Provide leadership and expert knowledge of ServiceNow application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
• Manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
• Create and maintain design specifications, architectural diagrams, and process diagrams supporting and communicating changes to ServiceNow platform applications.
• Perform upgrades and customizations of ServiceNow platform applications while adhering to source code, configuration management, release management and software development best practices.
• Perform workflow design, configuration, development and data loads for ServiceNow platform, (ServiceNow) applications.
• Responsible for programming workflow, enhancements and integrations with ServiceNow platform applications.
• Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
• Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
• Provide inputs to create Agile user stories based on business requirements
• Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
• Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing global teams designing, programming and implementing various technical solutions
• Work with Vendor Applications teams to deploy and maintain applications
• Responsible for proactive problem and risk management on the platform. Guide team in troubleshooting issues found on ServiceNow platform, applications, and workflows.
• Experience in designing, building, and maintaining ServiceNow integrations via REST API.
• Develop, configure and implement changes in ServiceNow including, but not limited to: core setup, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations.
• Perform advanced customizations including Business Rules, UI Pages, UI Macros, UI Scripts, Script Includes, Client Scripts, workflows, custom tables, reports etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in an agile development environment
• Minimum 6 years of development experience within the ServiceNow platform in a large, complex technology environment
• Minimum 4 years of ServiceNow experience in a technical architect role
• Broad and deep experience in the following ServiceNow modules: ITSM, Service Catalog, Now Platform, Customer Service Management (CSM)
• Experience defining cross-platform enterprise architectural plans, including mapping business requirements to the system / technology components
• Experience identifying and resolving potential trade-offs or conflicts among architectural options, and ability to align this with business outcomes or impacts
• Proven ability to drive results and readiness across multiple solutions in major transformation efforts
• Strong understanding of ServiceNow applications and modules, understanding the business context and how to translate business and functional requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow implementation
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Proficient in all phases of the Application Development Lifecycle
• Strong technical leadership skills
• Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
• Certified ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
• Understanding of the 'lead-to-revenue' business processes within the communications and high-tech sectors
• Understanding of enterprise architecture leading practices and associated tools
• Proven ability to build assets, lead and manage teams in major transformations
• Awareness of industry standards and certifications (e.g., TOGAF)
• Experience and/or training on the ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM) application
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.