Deloitte Tax Consultant Intern (Transfer Pricing) (Summer 2024, Winter 2025) in Chicago, Illinois
Consultant Intern, Transfer Pricing
We're looking for highly-motivated, strategic thinkers to join our transfer pricing consulting team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for our internship program. During the internship, you'll gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You'll receive mentorship and guidance from professionals in our Transfer Pricing practice and have the opportunity to assist clients in developing transfer pricing strategies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer Pricing is a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. Transfer Pricing interns are given the opportunity to develop consulting skills and to apply their expertise to generate effective solutions to complex economic problems. You have to know what you're doing on the ground in every locality and how that impacts every other location and the overall international strategy of the client- while staying current and keeping up with ever-evolving challenges and regulations. Experience the world, with a view beyond borders!
Work you'll do
No two days as an intern in the Transfer Pricing practice will be the same. You'll:
• Work alongside professionals with various backgrounds, including Ph.D. economists, tax professionals and specialists, in a team environment to analyze and resolve international transfer pricing issues faced by multinational enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
• Be an integral part of the client-facing team, to develop a comprehensive understanding of your client's business and the broader industry in which they operate.
• Perform detailed economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling and empirical analyses.
• Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations and other client materials.
Members of the highly specialized Transfer Pricing group work to help develop transfer pricing methodologies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer pricing is an international practice that is client-facing, providing unique opportunities to work with global Deloitte teams on international engagements. Transfer Pricing practitioners, utilizing the latest technology and strategies, develop a rich set of skills that combine the rigor of modeling, empirical analysis and economic consideration with the interaction and energy of a global consultancy practice, to help clients work with complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing needs on a global level.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte's transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding professional experience with competitive compensation and benefits and with opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work. Read more about Deloitte Tax Transfer Pricing.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor degree with strong academic track record
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 15%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Ability to perform job responsibilities within in a hybrid work model that requires US Tax professionals to co-locate in person 2 - 3 days per week
• The start date for this position will be in Summer 2024, Winter 2025
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, international relations or a related field
• Work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington state and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $25 to $46.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.