Deloitte Software/Semi/Cloud/IoT- Corporate Strategy/Ops Improvement Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Software/Semi/Cloud/IoT- Corporate Strategy/Ops Improvement Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world’s top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Technology sector includes the world leaders in software, semiconductor, cloud, analytics, cyber, networking, hardware, enterprise and personal computing, and technology services.
Deloitte’s Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities to architect integrated programs that transform our clients’ businesses, including Strategic Growth Transformation, Transformation Strategy & Design, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, and AI & Data Strategy.
Strategy professionals serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear, data-driven choices about where to play and how to win in order to drive growth and unlock enterprise value.
Strategy Consultants help our clients:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies
Deloitte’s Transformation Strategy & Design market offering focuses on what we call “big T” Transformations – we help deliver fundamental shifts for our clients who are looking to either optimize, evolve, or reinvent their business. By helping them articulate their transformation ambition, architect new business models, design new capabilities that capitalize on emerging technology, configure an enterprise operating model, and optimize their organizational profitability, we help our clients organize and realize their transformation goals. Due to the unprecedented impact of digital and disruptive drivers influencing enterprise decision-making from “tip-of-the-spear” strategic thinking, down through the capabilities that enable forward-thinking transformation ambitions, the role of designing transformations with a business and cost-focused lens is extremely important.
Often our clients must fund their transformations by turning inward, improving core business efficiency and profitability by focusing on multiple value levers—growth, liquidity, cost, talent, and risk — to fund and incubate new business models and/or new operational structures that we help design. Deloitte’s TS&D practice helps our clients understand trade-offs between margin-improvement opportunities and rapidly identify offerings with the greatest impact and long-term value to their business. Our work helps unlock the funding clients need to grow and transform their business.
Work you’ll do
You will lead a team and advise clients as you assess the transformational catalysts that trigger our client’s ambition, help them define where they want to go, and ultimately orient them on a path to success as they weigh costs and benefits of their transformation effort.
Manager level responsibilities include: identifying business and cost transformation opportunities that includes traditional drivers (centralization, standardization, process improvement, organization restructuring) as well as digital drivers (intelligent automation, conversational AI and others), providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities. You will have the opportunity to lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
• 6 years of professional experience, either working in a consulting environment or working directly for a Hi-Tech sector firm, with demonstrated experience in at least one of the following domains / sectors: Software, IoT, Cloud, Semiconductor .
• Experience must be in one or more of the following areas: Corporate Strategy, Operational Improvement, Business Process Design / Reengineering, Operating Model Design, Cost Reduction Planning, Business Case Development.
• 6 years of experience on cross-functional teams to design and execute business improvement recommendations across a wide array of functional areas; 2 years of experience managing such teams is preferred.
• Experience on transformation-related project delivery, including enterprise-wide and functional initiative scoping, design, and execution.
• Experience in financial analysis and working with data inputs from multiple sources.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry / sector dynamics – competitive environment, market trends, demand and supply drivers, emerging technologies, etc.
• Transformation Strategy – skills such as competitive analysis, market entry strategy, corporate strategy, value prop articulation
• Extensive experience working with complex financial models to track initiative costs and benefits for enterprise-wide programs, with experience designing and tracking advanced metrics / KPIs.
• Demonstrated ability to link business-driven / corporate-level strategic needs to technology architecture and application design. Working knowledge of enterprise technology platforms and applications (such as ERP and CPQ technologies) is preferred.
• Extensive experience working with senior executives (VP-level or equivalent and above, C-level preferred) crafting and implementing strategies for business transformation and/or cost / margin improvement at the corporate, business unit (function), or product-line level. Experience should demonstrate effective executive-level communication skills.
• Extensive understanding of applicable industry / sector dynamics – competitive environment, market trends, demand and supply drivers, emerging technologies, etc.
• Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong collaboration and teaming skills
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Visa-Sponsorship - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Experience with analytics to evaluate and optimize business processes
• Knowledge of or experience in broader G&A functions (i.e. HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Commercial Operations)
• Willingness to mentor junior staff
• Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.