Deloitte International Tax - Value Added Tax - Senior in Chicago, Illinois
Are you a team player with a practical, business-oriented mindset? Do you enjoy working in an ever-changing global environment with fast-moving markets and evolving business models? Our Global Value Added Tax Services practice, a multicultural and energetic national specialty group within our International Tax practice, is looking for dynamic individuals who are self-motivated and prepared to travel to support the national practice and its international clients. If this is you, apply now!
What you'll do
As a Tax Senior, you will help businesses manage their indirect taxes effectively by providing tax technical support, guidance on effective processes implementation, and leveraging technology solutions. Deloitte provides client focused advisory services on local and international indirect tax related matters including planning, rate determination and international consulting such as foreign indirect tax requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
• Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the indirect tax implications of their international operations.
• Work with VAT/GST and other similar transaction-based taxes.
• Work directly with clients and liaise with indirect tax colleagues in Deloitte's global member firm network.
• Help integrate indirect tax planning into our client's overall business strategy, helping them comply with complex international indirect tax requirements in connection with, for example, a merger or acquisition, a global ERP implementation, maintaining compliance with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining a multinational supply chain.
• Help clients reduce costs and manage tax compliance risk while increasing confidence that nothing has been missed.
• Work with technology-based compliance management solutions.
Our Global VAT Services practice assists multinational companies with a wide array of indirect taxes including value-added tax (VAT), goods & services tax (GST), consumption tax, and many other transaction-based taxes. The practice concentrates its efforts on providing state-of-the art indirect tax advice to its clients, helping these businesses effectively manage indirect taxes by providing tax technical support, guidance on compliance and reporting requirements and process improvements, and assistance with leveraging technology solutions. We are a multicultural team from around the world with diverse backgrounds in tax, law, economics, business, and more. The practice works closely with Deloitte's Global network of VAT/GST specialists based in more than 150 countries worldwide.
• 2+ years of experience working in indirect tax, preferably working with multinational companies
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
• Experience with an accountancy firm, consultancy practice, law firm, or large tax department of a multinational company
• Indirect tax consulting and/or compliance experience
• Experience in indirect tax automation (ERP or tax engine)
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o Licensed Attorney
o Enrolled Agent
o CTA (UK)
o ATT (UK)
o ATT VAT foundation course (UK)
o Foreign equivalents to the above UK certifications; OneSource Indirect Tax Certification, Vertex
o Other tax technology vendor certifications for implementations (e.g. Oracle, SAP) equivalents (requiring approval)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Big 4 experience
• An advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
• Excellent research and oral and written communication skills
• Experience in supply chain restructuring, data analytics, or compliance
• In-depth indirect tax background in one or more jurisdictions with first-hand experience applying indirect tax knowledge in a range of industries
• Strong analytical abilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.