Deloitte Insurance Operations - Health Plan Distribution Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Health Plan/ Insurance Distribution Consultant
Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you'll do
As a Health Insurance Distribution and Underwriting Consultant, you will provide technical, project management, business process redesign, analytical support, and strategic advisory services in a consulting environment to our Health Care / Insurance industry sector clients. The job functions include the following:
• Provide management consulting advisory services to executives in the health plan and insurance industry with a focus on business functions such as distribution and underwriting
• Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
• Support clients' most strategic business transformation projects including: issue analysis and business case development, process redesign, technical and functional requirements design assistance, and operational improvement
• Lead project management of complex projects consisting of diverse practitioners across the consulting function
• Coordinate with tax, accounting, regulatory, and other professionals in delivering comprehensive solutions for clients
• Lead practice management opportunities (e.g. people management, service offering development, etc.) for the Insurance practice
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
The Insurance Operations practice is about transforming insurance organizations and their functions to better execute on business strategies and improve business performance and competitiveness of the organization. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future across key insurance functions, including product management, marketing and distribution, underwriting, claims, service operations, and insurance technology and analytics functions. Insurance operations practitioners couple deep knowledge of insurance functions and processes with core consulting principles, frameworks, and solutions to support clients with their most strategic "heart of the business" challenges.
The team collaborates with practitioners across Deloitte's different service offerings to deliver advice to formulate business strategy and strategic plans to leading insurance organizations and to implement solutions to execute on those plans and aid our clients in navigating complex engagements and organizational change.
Engagements span Deloitte consulting's offerings and could include developing underwriting, distribution, and claims transformation plans, modernizing specific business and enterprise functions, re-designing operating models and organizational structures, implementing digital experience and advanced analytics solutions, and integrating functions across multiple organizations. Our engagements require a combination of insurance industry knowledge, technical skill, and change management actions to instill confidence with our clients and execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data, insights, and new methods and technologies to inform better ways of working together.
• Bachelor's Degree (BS or BA)
• 2 years of experience in sales, underwriting, finance or operations at Health plan/ insurance / reinsurance / benefits brokerage companies or 2 years in a consulting company
+ + Travel at least 50%. (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Master of Business Administration
Experience in developing strategy, business cases, operating models and/or helping manage large transformation efforts to drive growth or enable cost savings (in functions such as sales, underwriting, distribution, claims, IT), build new capabilities and driving growth as part of the CXO agenda
Experience in managing and/or delivering both operational and IT projects
Experience in emerging technologies such as RPA or Machine Learning
• Healthplan/ Insurance industry experience in Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, M&A Integration or with internal operational consulting functions a plus
• Background in health insurance, property and casualty insurance (personal and/or commercial), and/or life annuity
• Project experience in business process improvement and re-engineering, new technology/systems deployments, strategy and planning
• Quantitative ability to analyze data
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment and as an individual
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.