Deloitte Human Capital Cloud Senior Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Human Capital Cloud Senior Consultant
Are you passionate about helping clients evolve their organization to adapt to and solve the complex challenges of globalization and digitalization by using cloud technologies to capitalize on value-creating opportunities? Are you enthusiastic about helping clients develop their workforce and culture as they go along their cloud journey and fundamentally change the way work is done, who does it, and what tools and processes are necessary for success?
As a member of our Organization Transformation - Digital & Cloud Enablement practice, you will deliver organizational, workforce, and change management solutions that enable industry-leading clients to meet and exceed their cloud and digital transformation goals.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? How about a company that “walks the talk” by being an organization built for agility, driven by a workforce and culture that extends beyond borders and is led by empowered leadership? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees’ development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you’ll do
As a Human Capital Cloud Senior Consultant, you will use agile, data-driven, digital solutions to address the human factors affecting an organizations’ ability to reach its strategic objectives, including how the workforce is organized, how to define and develop the workforce, and how to cultivate, engage, evolve, measure and incentivize the workforce.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead one or more work streams on the different components of Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities (change management, organizational alignment, communications, and training), Operating Model / Organization Design, and talent planning as it relates to a cloud transformation
• Apply behavioral tools to assess the impact of change on organizations, using assessments of organizational culture, performance and readiness for change
• Apply Deloitte tools and frameworks to support improved client future-state organizational design and alignment
• Utilize Deloitte’s proprietary methods and tools to develop the overall transformation strategy and detailed plan(s) for the full lifecycle of technical implementation and emerging technology initiatives
Develop and deploy user adoption programs for digitalization and emerging technology initiatives
• Drive work efforts and leverage data-driven solutions to deliver change outcomes
• Employ transformative technologies and measure the impacts on end users
• Deliver in Agile SDLC methodology to enhance solution quality, enable flexibility, and identify new growth areas
• Lead the development and execution of digital, data visualizations of our work products for clients
• Apply data analytics to drive the management of and readiness for change
• Comprehend graphic design principles and possess foundational skillset to deliver solutions via innovative means
• Enhance user experience by improving usability, accessibility, and interactivity of solutions
• Utilize immersive learning and gamification techniques
• Understand Cloud fundamentals, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and DevOps, as it relates to organizational and workforce change
• Understand technology fundamentals, architectures, data modeling, and application development lifecycle
• Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
• Provide coaching and/or mentoring of team members
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization’s culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
• Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, experience with IT and cloud transformation, including operating model design, talent planning, learning, and change management
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working with a Cloud Center of Excellence/Cloud Operating Model focused on public cloud
• Understand workforce processes, skill sets, and roles when migrating to public cloud
• Bachelors’ degree
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Certifications in AWS and/or GCP are preferred
• Experience with hyperscaler learning programs
• Experience working with hyperscalers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Knowledge of technical components of an IT organization including cloud architecture, application development and delivery, DevOps, automation, security, and emerging technologies (e.g., RPA and Machine Learning)
• Proven experience in a consulting and/or client-facing environment
• Advanced degree in related specialization area
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
• Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking
• Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews
• Previous experience in project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
• Advanced degree in related specialization area
• Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Human Capital Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.