Deloitte Hi-Tech/Semiconductor Cloud Transformation Senior Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Hi Tech/Semiconductor Cloud Transformation Senior Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world’s top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Technology sector includes the world leaders in software, semiconductor, Cloud, analytics, cyber, networking, enterprise and personal computing, and technology services.
Core Business Operations-Cloud Engineering
Our Cloud Engineering offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from on-premise or co-location to Cloud. Our client base has a broad reach across Telecommunication, Media and Entertainment (TME) with a range of national broadcast and entertainment companies, games studios and includes social media giants and telecommunication companies. Our goal is to help them see and realize the cloud transformational as an opportunity for business enablement by improving their agility and resilience, identifying opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation resulting in competitive advantage. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering practice is a key part of the Cloud Engineering offering. Infrastructure and platform play an ever-increasing role in business-critical applications and is crucial to supporting operations and reliability. Our practitioners help clients optimize their infrastructure and guide them through a transformative journey that enables the adoption of technology-based disruptors such as Hybrid Cloud, Machine Learning and IoT in their business.
Work You’ll Do
Industry-leading clients. An award-winning culture. Top notch connections. Big opportunities. At Deloitte, you’ll work with the best in the business to solve the toughest problems in business. From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. You will:
• Deliver complex projects in a fast-paced, team environment
• Provide expert knowledge and guidance of progressive semiconductor product development practices, metrics, and enabling technology
• Lead and assist semiconductor product pursuits and practice development initiatives
• Promote and participate in forums for sharing expertise, strengthening Deloitte’s collective knowledge, and helping resolve our clients’ challenges
• Collaborate on innovative solutions to bolster the future of the practice
• Continually develop your knowledge of in semiconductor development’s latest solutions
As a Senior Manager , you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. You will contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways including:
• Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
Relationship Management of executive clients and sponsors:
• Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Practice Development & Eminence:
• Develop practical solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents, participate in public speaking events, get published in industry periodicals.
• Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
• 8 years in Semiconductor sector: candidate must demonstrate deep functional and industry expertise in this space.
• 8 years of experience working with Hi-Tech sector firms or for clients including: semiconductor devices, electronic equipment, semiconductor capital equipment, consumer electronics, fabless, foundries, integrated device manufacturers.
• Seeking strong technologists with next-gen cloud experience with extensive experience in implementing and operating transformation solutions in Cloud, Product Engineering, AL, ML and helping clients build better products and markets across silicon ecosystem.
• Experience selling cloud opportunities and delivering cloud projects.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now, or at any time in the future
• Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
• Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home) .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.