Deloitte Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Analyst - Analytics (Summer/Fall 2024, Winter 2025) in Chicago, Illinois
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Analyst - Analytics
What does trust mean to you? At Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, we believe trust is a foundational element of relationships: between workers and their employers; businesses and their customers; shareholders and their corporations; the business ecosystem and society at large. This begs many questions: How is trust built? How is it measured? How can we best react when trust is lost, and avoid losing trust in the first place?
We invite you to join us as we work to build a more trustworthy tomorrow. As an Analytics Analyst, you will leverage your technology and data analytics skillsets to assist our clients as they tackle key business issues that relate to trust. You'll be involved in developing data analysis plans, innovative analytics strategies, developing and assessing organizations' analytics models, and designing and implementing a variety of solutions. By analyzing risk through data and technology, you'll deliver true impact by building a more reliable world.
Work you'll do
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Analytics professionals are skilled at providing advice and recommendations to clients in addition to developing and deploying leading technology and analytics-enabled solutions to solve their most pressing business challenges as it relates to risk and trust. Sample Analyst responsibilities may include:
DEVELOPING ANALYTICS SOLUTIONS
• Designing, building, and testing quantitative and AI/ML-based models across a broad range of business areas, for example: ESG, digital assets, blockchain, and predicting when risk events (such as fraud) have occurred and the associated organizational impact
• Defining and calculating key operations and data risk indicator metrics to help organizations monitor the health and resiliency of their business and data.
• Performing data-driven tests and reconciliations to evaluate compliance with regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
• Delivering actionable insights through the use of data visualization and operational efficiency through the use of intelligent automation.
ASSESSING CLIENT'S DATA & ANALYTICS CAPABILITY AND PROVIDING STRATEGIC ADVICE & RECOMMENDATIONS
• Helping businesses understand their business and data requirements and developing data sourcing and architecture strategies to fulfill those requirements.
• Assessing client's current state regarding their data infrastructure and use of digital technologies (such as analytics); and providing strategic advice and recommendations on how to scale and deliver increased impact with optimal design, architecture, and governance while mitigating data risks.
• Evaluating the client's use of analytical models; providing advice and recommendations on topics such as improving model efficacy, enhancing model governance, and assessing compliance with leading practices and regulatory standards (e.g. model bias and explainability following Deloitte's Trustworthy AI™ framework).
Regardless of project type, your work may require:
• Proficiency in scripting languages and data visualization platforms
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/ responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of the data lifecycle and solutions development lifecycle in order help our clients understand their data and develop actionable solutions to manage it
• Ability to work with and managing data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, transformation, and providing preliminary descriptive analytics
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
• Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
• Ability to collaborate and communicate across Deloitte team members and client stakeholders
• Ability to identify, learn, understand, and implement new analytics concepts and data management frameworks
• Ability to manage own personal and professional development; seek opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
Data can often hold the key to future growth opportunities for many complex organizations. Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance. Our Analytics professionals make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling to bring insights to client issues in the financial, regulatory, forensic and transaction domains. What's more, they are able to deploy their skillsets to help empower our clients across a variety of industries and business functions. Learn more about our team at Deloitte.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in one or more of the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework desired:
o Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
o Business: Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics
o Math/Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Mathematics
• Strong academic track record with extracurricular activities (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)
• Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
• Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Familiarity with a variety of analytics tools and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
o Foundational capabilities:
Scripting languages: SQL, Python, HTML, VBA, SAS, R
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Power Bi, QlikView
Data Management: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo Db
o Experience in one of the following specializations:
Advanced analytics specialists:
Predictive analytics & data mining
Machine learning & cognitive
Big Data Tools: Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Mahout
Financial Tools (e.g. NumeriX, Bloomberg, FinCad, Monte Carlo simulation tools)
Business Objects, Reporting Services
Advanced visualization design capabilities
App development specialists:
Cloud knowledge and capabilities
• Plans to achieve a professional certification that will accelerate your ability to deliver impact to our clients
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, New York state, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, New York state, and Washington state and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $85,000 to $90,000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.