Deloitte Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Analysts collaborate with our clients to deliver strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You'll Do
As an Analyst, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Analyst role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each Analyst with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Analysts whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
- This Analyst builds financial & mathematical models that can improve organizational performance and help clients make informed business decisions. This Analyst also advises clients on complex business problems by interpreting large data sets using statistical methods to quantify risk. Majors : Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Applied AI Analyst
- This Analyst will architect, position, develop, design and deploy enterprise solutions which include components across the Artificial Intelligence spectrum, such as Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, Machine learning and Cognitive Sciences. This Analyst will perform data studies and data discovery routines for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data sources or mash ups of new and existing data sources. Majors : Applied AI, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science
Business Technology Solutions Analyst
- This Analyst is interested in various technology landscapes and brings a technology-enabled approach to problem solving through elegant configurations or amateur hacking. From visioning stages through plan execution, this Analyst works to inform clients' technology decisions, facilitate the scaling of capabilities, and promote the delivery of organization vision. This Analyst utilizes improved business processes and technology-backed performance efficiencies to enhance client impact. Majors : STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
- This Analyst leverages data analytics and technology skills to enable the use of data in decision making. This Analyst designs and develops cloud-based data processing pipelines, machine learning predictive models, data visualization dashboards and other data driven systems. Majors : Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other Quantitative Fields
- This Analyst regularly employs a business first lens while solving problems and delivering practical solutions to clients. This Analyst demonstrates a breadth and depth of capabilities (e.g. project management, requirements gathering, data analysis, testing) and is prepared to take on a range of business and organizational challenges and assess the role technology plays. This Analyst brings effective application knowledge, project management, and delivery approaches to advise, implement, and operate projects. Majors : Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
Marketing & Advertising Analyst
- This Analyst assesses client requirements, analyzes target markets, and designs marketing strategies. This Analyst also conducts research and drives implementation of marketing technology tools. This Analyst designs digital campaigns on market research, creates and maintains a digital brand through engaging content and increases message reach through compelling stories. Majors : Advertising, Marketing, Creative Studies, Journalism
Solutions Engineering Analyst
- This Analyst has a pioneer mindset when it comes to technical solutioning. This Analyst is a tinkerer, problem solver, programmer, and amateur hacker who enjoys applying these skills in their work. This Analyst enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make things work and isn't afraid to challenge teammates and clients to push beyond conventional designs and thinking to develop deeper capabilities. This Analyst is a future technical architect who wants to code now and in the future. Majors : Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other Technical degrees deep in programming languages
- This Analyst has a natural curiosity for solving the most complex challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity and creating their own path. This Analyst drives strategic transformation, is agile and results oriented, and presents a do anything attitude. This Analyst is an outside-the-box thinker who enjoys exploring how strategy, business processes, and technology help shape the future of our clients' organizations. Majors : Business, Economics, STEM
Supply Chain and Network Operations Analyst
- This Analyst assists in creating policies, practices, and procedures to improve and enhance complex supply chains in a wide variety of organizations. This Analyst will architect enterprise, customer and operating model strategies and develop ways to measure operational performance. Majors: Supply Chain, Operations Management
UX & Visual Designers
- This Analyst improves customer experience by working with stakeholders to define workflows and designs for user interfaces. This Analyst visualizes new concepts including sketches, early stage wireframes and service design visualizations. Majors : STEM, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business - our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
Bachelor's Degree completed by August 2022 in these or related areas of study:
Actuarial Analyst: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Applied AI Analyst: Applied AI, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science
Business Technology Solutions Analyst: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
Data Analysts: Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other quantitative fields
Business Analyst: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources/Human Resources Management, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
Marketing & Advertising Analyst: Advertising, Marketing, Creative Studies, Journalism
Solutions Engineering Analyst: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other technical degrees deep in programming languages
Strategy Analyst: Business, Economics, STEM
Supply Chain Analyst: Supply Chain, Operations Management
UX & Visual Designers: STEM, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
Ability to travel 80-100% (while 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
How You'll Grow
Two of the most important tools in today's business world are experience and resources . At Deloitte, you'll find plenty of both. We believe in equipping our people with some of the best resources available and offering the experience, education, and opportunities you'll need at various stages of your career to be technologically fluent. As a new Analyst, you will attend a series of onboarding programs to develop foundational knowledge of our practice, build essential core consulting skills, and cultivate an in-depth understanding of Deloitte Consulting's methodologies. Before hitting the ground on your first project, these programs will also offer the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills in a simulated environment modeled after real-life client engagements. Your work, clients, and colleagues will challenge you intellectually, enabling you to build both your experience and an exceptional professional network. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.