Deloitte Data Analytics Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Data Analytics Engineer
Do you want to build your brand by working for a leading consulting firm that drives eminence in the marketplace? Are you interested in leveraging your analytical skills and strategic ideas to improve mission execution? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our Government and Public Services Strategy and Analytics team brings deep industry expertise, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to help solve our client's most complex business problems. Join our team and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future and help transform the Federal marketplace.
Work you'll do
The Data Analytics Architect will have overall responsibility of planning how work within different teams will integrate into one solution. The Data Analytics Architect will also have overall responsibility of being the primary representative on all architecture matters and the leading member of the Architecture Team. The Architect will:
Work closely with various software development team(s) to migrate and architect data to meet client needs
Work directly with clients to validate migrated data
Work with Agile development teams to understand changes and their impacts towards data migration efforts
Leading developers, managing database administrators' workload and activities, among other tasks.
Create and manage schedules for data management (e.g. migration, integration, etc.) efforts
Build processes and scripts required to transform and stage data necessary to develop products and analyses
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with ETL/data pipeline development experience, leveraging industry-standard tools, ideally Informatica
• 2+ years of experience working with relational databases and data lakes, with an emphasis on data warehousing, performance tuning, and analytics use cases
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Experience integrating them into custom web applications
• Data modeling and solution design experience
• Familiarity programming in languages commonly used for data management and data science/statistics, such as Python
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
• A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for
• A general interest in relevant emerging technologies such as cloud-native services, and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Hands-on experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.)
• The ability to work well independently and as a team player
• Excellent conversational and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.