Deloitte Senior - Financial Services Tax Transformation in Charlotte, North Carolina
Technology is transforming tax. Deloitte's Financial Services Tax Transformation practice is at the forefront of this movement, using our extensive and growing portfolio of enterprise-class proprietary applications to advise leading financial services organizations on process, data analytics, technology, and automation.
Work You'll Do
As a Tax Senior on our team, you will:
• Collaborate with tax subject matter specialists to envision and design new features and products,
• Collaborate with software developers to develop and deploy features and products,
• As an integral part of client engagement teams, lead internal Deloitte tax team members and client users to plan and execute on optimal application configurations and usage, and
• Identify and implement automations to meet client and business needs.
Our Financial Services Tax Transformation practice serves the full spectrum of financial services sectors including banking, private equity, hedge funds, real estate funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, and insurance companies. Our national team is part of the National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) practice within Deloitte Tax LLP which is made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation-all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
• 2+ years' experience in financial services tax compliance
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
• Certified or in the process of obtaining a CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
• Advanced Excel capabilities
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships
• Ability to thrive with competing priorities
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• 2+ years' experience in financial services tax compliance using tax technology at Big 4
• Minor or coursework in management information systems or data analytics
• Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Mastery of Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.