Deloitte Senior Full-stack Application Engineer – Intellect Suite Product Development Team for ConvergeHEALTH in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Full-stack Application Engineer – Intellect Suite Product Development Team for ConvergeHEALTH
As a full-stack/cloud applications engineer, you will be aligned to the Product Development team of ConvergeHEALTH’s Intellect platform of health care provider analytics applications. ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting’s Core Business Operations offering portfolio, and supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the “hard questions” in healthcare–what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? The Intellect suite is a growing portfolio of subscription-based, hosted analytics applications that include Revenue Intellect and Care Intellect, among others. They are specifically focused on driving value in the health care provider space – from revenue cycle optimization to clinical variation management.
Work you’ll do
You will be working with the rest of product development team to build and enhance the full stack analytical applications needed to power Intellect analytics, with a specific focus on leveraging cloud technologies to add advanced capabilities and improve application efficiency.
This role will be a senior position on the development team and along with “hands on” engineering work, will have additional responsibilities such as coordinating with the product and development managers on sprint/team planning, mentoring junior developers, performing code reviews, weighing in on “best practice” design/architecture considerations, and helping to POC new technologies/capabilities.
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino).
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
• A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• 5 years of hands-on experience developing cloud, enterprise applications or analytical applications
• Strong understanding of Object-oriented Programming (OOP) / Object-oriented Design (OOD), and common enterprise design patterns
• Working experience in Python programming
• Experience with modern DevOps and CI/CD tools (e.g. Confluence, Jira, Stash, Concourse, Artifactory, etc.), version control, code branching, and unit, integration (e.g. Rest Assured) and regression testing
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
• A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for
• A general interest in relevant emerging technologies and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
• Highly self-motivated, energetic, passionate team-oriented personality and working style, and a desire to provide guidance/mentorship to other team members
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent conversational and written communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL (Postgres, SQL Server, etc.), with an emphasis on data warehousing and developing data-driven/analytics applications
• Working experience leveraging AWS cloud-native technologies, with specific focus on:
o Core compute services such as Lambda functions, container management, and auto-scaling
o Backend/data management services such as RedShift, SQS, S3, Elasticsearch, and Step functions
o ML capabilities such as SageMaker
• Working experience Python for data science use cases
• Hands-on experience in user-friendly, responsive UI/UX design with HTML/CSS and modern CSS frameworks e.g. Bootstrap
• Hands-on experience in Unix/Linux shell scripts
• Experience with Qlik Sense or other BI/analytics tools such as Tableau, including experience integrating them into custom web applications
• Familiarity with healthcare data (e.g., EDI, bills, claims) and a general interest in the healthcare industry
• Data modeling and solution design experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.