Deloitte Life Sciences Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics in Boston, Massachusetts
Life Sciences Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics
An evolving customer and regulatory landscape, mounting pipeline of next-gen assets and portfolio pressures, and intensifying competition are presenting new organizational and operational hurdles for Life Sciences companies. These complex market dynamics are requiring new levels of rigor and insight in business strategy development and problem-solving, both domestically and globally.
We are looking for practitioners who will work alongside Life Sciences organizations from bio-technology firms to global big pharma to medical devices, to drive business value through end-to-end delivery of solutions based on strategy development for heart of business issues.
Work you'll do
Our practice is focused on helping Life Sciences organizations make strategic choices to unlock new growth, elevate the customer experience, drive innovation, and enable competitive advantage. Deloitte's services and solutions provide actionable insights that enable our Life Sciences clients to formulate near- and long-term strategies to address their most pressing issues and provide clear path for implementation.
Typical responsibilities of a Senior Manager could include:
• Design and establish engagement objectives and scope
• Lead team in development of quantitative and/or qualitative analysis to drive meaningful insights for our Life Sciences clients' biggest challenges
• Develop work plans for strategic engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
• Shape the intellectual agenda of the strategic solution, including design and present deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract and client needs
• Strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results, leverage Deloitte's broad set of advisors to refine and improve insights
• Contribute to the growth and development of junior team members through active feedback and contribution to performance assessments
• Engage and drive meaningful exchange with C-suite clients through structured working sessions and strategic meetings
• Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities with new or existing clients
• Collaborate across Deloitte businesses to bring together strategy, tech, agency
• Help shape future customer strategy offerings and points of view on Life Sciences industry
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
• 10+ years of experience in consulting or Life Sciences industry with focus on LS data and analytics (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling).
• Experience with commercial MDM platforms including Reltio and Veeva Network
• Strong experience in data pipelines, ETL design (implementation & maintenance), date warehousing and data modeling.
• 10+ years of experience leading and managing data delivery project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live.
• Significant experience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 5 to 20 resources
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
• 50% travel
• Experience with other data management toolsets: SAP MDG, Reltio, PIM, SAP BODS, etc.
• Strong background working within the LS commercial industry, specifically with customer/product data management, technology modernization, and operations transformation
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization
• Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on multiple full life cycle implementations.
• A proven resource in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff and raise quality of data strategy, design and implementation across the practice by sharing insights and methods through training, community, etc.
• Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including quantitative, statistical or medical/pharmacy research interest
Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
Ability to own deliverables
Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.