Deloitte Insurance-Technology Strategy Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Insurance-Technology Strategy Manager
Work you'll do We help clients unlock business agility and sustainable value through technology. We reimagine the technology + business relationship by architecting future business and technology strategies, operating models, platforms, ecosystems, and capabilities into integrated business solutions. We orchestrate the breadth of Deloitte to co-create business value across the C-suite and to the board.
A Manager at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology solutions to solve our client's most complex business challenges. Key responsibilities will include:
• Educate clients on the latest technology trends and implications for their business
• Design actionable strategies and roadmaps that clients can utilize to deliver business value
• Develop financial models depicting both the financial obligation and future value of future technology implementations
• Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
• Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
• Manage full life cycle implementations.
• Develop statements of work and/or client proposals.
• Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability
• Interact with program leadership, governance, and change enablement teams.
• Develop and manage vendor relationships
• Design and facilitate client workshops
• Manage resources and budget on client projects
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to design integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including corporate & business unit strategy, enterprise model design, and technology strategy.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Technology Strategy Managers will help our clients to:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, capabilities, and platforms to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage trends to architect future business strategies
• 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• 4+ years of experience in the Insurance industry (e.g. P&C or L&A)
• At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements (min. of 2 full life cycle implementations)
• Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
• Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
• Exhibit a passion for technology and have a thirst to continually learn and keep pace with the accelerating change across multiple technologies and solutions
• Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
o IT Strategy
o Cloud Strategy
o Platform Strategy
o IT Outsourcing Advisory
o Digital Transformation Architecture Blueprinting and Roadmaps
o Digital Technology Spend Optimization
o Current State IT Capability Assessment
o Future State IT Capability Design
o IT Transformation Roadmap Development
o IT Service Management Assessment
o Application Assessment
o Data Management Strategy and Architecture
o IT Process and Tool Deployment
o IT Cost Optimization and Effectiveness
o IT Service Delivery and Outsourcing Assessment
o IT Governance, Operating Model, and Delivery Model Assessment
o IT Financial Management Analysis (e.g. dashboards, charge-back models)
• Solutions: Experience working with cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/BPaaS), digital, and analytics solutions
• Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, COBiT
• ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.