Deloitte Insurance Technology Strategy Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Insurance- Strategy & Analytics - Tech Strategy Manager
Work you'll do
We help clients unlock business agility and sustainable value through technology. We reimagine the technology + business relationship by architecting future business and technology strategies, operating models, platforms, ecosystems, and capabilities into integrated business solutions. We orchestrate the breadth of Deloitte to co-create business value across the C-suite and to the board.
A Manager at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology solutions to solve our client's most complex business challenges. Key responsibilities will include:
• Educate clients on the latest technology trends and implications for their business
• Design actionable strategies and roadmaps that clients can utilize to deliver business value
• Develop financial models depicting both the financial obligation and future value of future technology implementations
• Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
• Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
• Manage full life cycle implementations.
• Develop statements of work and/or client proposals.
• Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability
• Interact with program leadership, governance, and change enablement teams.
• Develop and manage vendor relationships
• Design and facilitate client workshops
• Manage resources and budget on client projects
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to design integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including corporate & business unit strategy, enterprise model design, and technology strategy.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Technology Strategy Managers will help our clients to:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, capabilities, and platforms to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage trends to architect future business strategies
Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
6+ years of professional experience, either functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment or managing teams in an Operating environment. In either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation.
4+ years of experience within Insurance (i.e. P&C or L&A)
Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business, or product level.
Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and oral and written communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion.
Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Ability to work independently; influence others and lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
Ability to define trends across industries and articulate their impact to clients' business and strategic choices
Knowledge of or experience in broader G&A functions (i.e. HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Commercial Operations)
Basic understanding of the core digital technologies that underpin world class customer experiences (e.g.,CRM, E-Commerce, Content Management)
Ability to drive the sales cycle by taking the lead in framing out client opportunities and lead the pursuit team to create the proposal content for client discussions
Experience creating strategy program road maps and detailed financial business cases for change
Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support
Experience with Scenario Planning
Experience with Artificial Intelligence approaches and their application to developing strategy and tracking / monitoring its execution
Willingness to mentor junior staff
Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
Live within a commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.