Deloitte ETL Developer and Cloud Data Integration Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Core Industry Solutions and supports data-driven transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the "hard questions" - what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost?
ETL Developer and Cloud Data Integration Specialist for ConvergeHEALTH, Deloitte Consulting, LLP
As a cloud data integration specialist, you will be aligned to the client data management team of ConvergeHEALTH's Intellect platform of health care provider analytics applications. ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Core Business Operations offering portfolio, and supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the "hard questions" in healthcare-what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? The Intellect suite is a growing portfolio of subscription-based, hosted analytics applications that include Revenue Intellect and Care Intellect, among others. They are specifically focused on driving value in the health care provider space - from revenue cycle optimization to clinical variation management.
You will be working with the rest of our delivery teams (both functional and technical colleagues) as well as new clients (i.e., health care provider systems), to facilitate the validation and technical integration of client data sources needed to power new Intellect suite client implementations.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
• Data validation - in conjunction with our business analysts, reviewing client data to ensure validity and completeness, and working with clients to revise as necessary
• Data integration - Leading the development and validation of data integration (ETL) routines needed to ingest client data into the Revenue and Care Intellect™ platforms based on documented results of client data validation processes
• Sleuthing and data wrangling - identifying, investigating, and resolving issues and irregularities in data through both implementation and testing phases of a project
• Technical advisory - helping functional / business-focused members of our team understand our technology landscape and act as a technical subject matter expert as needed
We Expect You to Have:
• A BA/BS degree in computer science, information systems, health informatics, engineering, or a related field
• 2-4 year of proven, hands-on experience with ETL, data integration, and data management concepts, including packaged and/or cloud-native ETL applications (Informatica, AWS Glue, etc.), preferably within the health care industry
• Exceptional understanding and proven experience with RDBMS and SQL, with an emphasis on data warehousing, data analytics, and performance tuning
• Thorough understanding of data integration approaches, including profiling, validating and cleaning different types and formats large data sets
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
• A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for; a mindset for doing things "right" vs. Just getting things "done"
• Ability to work under pressure in an extremely fast paced and at times ambiguous environment, with tight client deadlines
• The ability to work well independently when necessary, as well as in a team-based environment
• Excellent conversational and written communication skills
We'd Like You to Have:
• Familiarity with AWS cloud-native technologies, with specific focus on:
o Backend/data management and processing services such as Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, RDS, S3, Redis/ElasticCache, Glue, and Step functions
o Core compute services such as Lambda functions, container management, and auto-scaling
• Familiarity with healthcare data (e.g., EMR data, claims data, etc.), health care interoperability frameworks (EDI, FHIR, FHIR stores, HL7), and a general interest in the healthcare industry is preferred
• Working experience in programming with Python for data integration/wrangling and data science use cases
• A general interest in relevant emerging technologies and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
• Experience with workflow management / orchestration software such as ActiveBatch, Apache Airflow, Control-M, etc.
• Hands-on experience in Unix/Linux shell scripts
• Experience with Qlik Sense or other BI/analytics tools such as Tableau
• Experience working in a consulting or startup environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.